Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1985
- Netherlands Jobs 135
- United Kingdom Jobs 123
- Germany Jobs 88
- Australia Jobs 83
- Canada Jobs 59
- Singapore Jobs 46
- Romania Jobs 42
- United States Jobs 41
- Italy Jobs 20
- Belgium Jobs 16
- Austria Jobs 14
- Poland Jobs 13
- Portugal Jobs 13
- Denmark Jobs 13
- Spain Jobs 7
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 5
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 4
- Egypt Jobs 3
- India Jobs 3
- China Jobs 3
- Morocco Jobs 3
- Mexico Jobs 3
- Switzerland Jobs 2
- Qatar Jobs 1
- Latvia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Brazil Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 180
- Communications Jobs 14
- Customer Service Jobs 362
- Finance Jobs 50
- General Management Jobs 5
- Hardware Jobs 178
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 118
- Human Resources Jobs 33
- Industry Jobs 266
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 35
- Purchasing Jobs 44
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 53
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 771
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 72
- Systems Engineering Jobs 547
Java Developer (f/m)
Full time, Contingent
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Our customers come to us with big ambitions: to make life better, to keep us safer.
Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our architects design and deliver extraordinary high technology solutions. Solutions that make tomorrow possible, today. From the bottom of the oceans to the depth of space and cyberspace, we help our customers think smarter and act faster - mastering ever greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way.
With 64,000 employees in 56 countries, Thales reported sales of €15.8 billion in 2017.
In Austria customers in rail transportation, air traffic, cybersecurity and defence missions rely on Thales. Additionally, our expertise in signalling gives people and goods in Central and Eastern European markets, like Hungary, Bulgaria, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Slovenia, Macedonia, Croatia, Serbia and Albania, the connected journey they deserve.
No matter how challenging the project, our 400 employees in Vienna stay by our customer’s side until the job is done – whatever it takes.
To support our team in Vienna, we are looking for a:
Java Developer (f/m)
Our team delivers the next generation of route control building blocks in an international MLS environment such as Interlocking Core Assets, a legacy free framework for the next generation interlocking product based on existing technology building blocks (TAS platform, etc.), incorporating state-of-the-art software and system engineering practices.
As part of the product development team for route control you are responsible for the development of the next generation of peripheral components for our route control product family.
Your responsibilities include:
- Design, Implementation, Unit/Module Testing, Documentation of Safety Critical Software
- SW/HW integration of embedded systems
- Collaboration in an agile team
- Working in an international team and in cooperation with other Thales units
- Technical Degree preferably in Informatics, Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar
- At least 2 years of relevant experience and technical expertise on
- SW development: Java SE
- SW/HW integration: embedded systems
- Continuous build and integration (Gerrit, Git, svn, Eclipse, Maven, …) (as user)
- LINUX knowledge: networking, bash-scripting, gnu toolchain
- Experience with the full lifecycle of a software development project: design and documentation, development, unit testing, refactoring, deployment and maintenance. Experience in agile methodology an advantage.
- Experience working in an international context (multi unit/multi site)
- High level of German (C1) and English
- Innovative, adaptable and customer-oriented team player with
- Full time, permanent position with remuneration depending on skills and experience, starting with 45.000 g.p.a.
- Entry into a worldwide acting group offering various internal development opportunities
- An excellent working experience within a professional multinational environment.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!.
< Go Back to results