Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 513
- Germany Jobs 95
- Netherlands Jobs 93
- Australia Jobs 65
- Singapore Jobs 40
- United Kingdom Jobs 35
- Canada Jobs 35
- Italy Jobs 34
- Spain Jobs 24
- Belgium Jobs 24
- Romania Jobs 20
- United States Jobs 16
- Austria Jobs 13
- Poland Jobs 12
- Mexico Jobs 11
- Portugal Jobs 10
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Colombia Jobs 7
- Switzerland Jobs 6
- Thailand Jobs 5
- Philippines Jobs 5
- China Jobs 5
- Norway Jobs 3
- Brazil Jobs 3
- India Jobs 2
- Japan Jobs 2
- Denmark Jobs 2
- Egypt Jobs 1
- Finland Jobs 1
- Vietnam Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Sweden Jobs 1
- Czechia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 72
- Communications Jobs 3
- Customer Service Jobs 89
- Finance Jobs 35
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 100
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 50
- Human Resources Jobs 10
- Industry Jobs 107
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 12
- Purchasing Jobs 13
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 14
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 304
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 49
- Systems Engineering Jobs 235
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 1
System Architect for Military Airborne Communication Systems
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
Thales Belgium SA, Belgium competence center of Thales, is a company located on 2 sites, one in Tubize (near Brussels) and the other one in Herstal (near Liège). Thales Belgium, which employs more than 230 collaborators, is specialized in the design, development and supply of critical information systems for customers in the sectors of Defense, Security (including Cyber), Transport and Aerospace.
THALES Group is a worldwide actor and a technological leader for safety and security in two main domains that are Defense and Security on one side, and Aerospace and Transportation on the other side. The Group employs 80.000 people in 68 countries, being a key actor for the security of people and goods, infrastructure and nations.
For its activities, Thales Belgium SA (Tubize site) is looking for a :
System Architect for Military Airborne Communication Systems
As member of the Air & Naval System Department you are responsible to architect and design the Airborne (Communication) Systems for different classes of military mission systems. The system you conceive integrates an airborne communication system currently under development by Thales Belgium.
You are participating to both Bid and Program Execution phase in an international context (US, UK, NATO, France, …)
You are responsible for working out, stabilizing & maintaining the Solution architecture for Bids and Projects all along their lifecycle in cooperation with the SEM ( System Engineering Manager).
- You define and propose candidate architectures allowing to meet stakeholders’ expectations in compliance with standardization and reuse policies, technology roadmap and business strategy.
- You establishes the solution architecture through trade-offs between stakeholders’ expectations, technical & technological solutions and cost , risks and schedule, documents associated artefacts (architecture justification in D&JF, the PBS, the SSDD) and approves resulting lower level specifications (whether internal or external).
- Together with the PDA ( Project/Product associate) you participate to the bid & project phase and you approve the main bid/project engineering reviews.
- You contribute to the solution development cycle and co-engineering approach definition.
- You take the lead along the project life cycle for the related level requirements’ allocation, management of performance assessment and critical parameters, and interface definition, and arbitrates technically between the various contributors (whether internal or external).
- You work with a team of systems and IVVQ engineers to make sure the implementation is according to the architectural specifications.
- Civil or industrial engineer, or equivalent by experience
Master Degree or equivalent through relevant experience with strong architectural background. Minimum 5 years of experience in System Architecture and technical leadership.
- Analysis of large, modular and complex applications preferably in the telecom and networking domain. Strong knowledge of IP Network and protocols is a plus.
- Experience in translation of concepts and customers’ needs towards requirements and detailed system architecture.
- Ability to coach and support SE & IVVQ teams (leadership).
- Familiar with requirement definition and management preferably by using DOORS or equivalent tool.
- Experience or references with software and hardware engineering activities.
- Experience with Engineering methods like Arcadia (Architecture Analysis & Design Integrated Approach), Architecture Framework (AF) and/or System modelling languages like SysML .
- Management of the life cycle of the System development (specifications, development, testing)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Innovative, creative, good team player. Motivator. Ability to build contacts with internal and external key actors.
- Autonomy and proactivity.
- Customers and subcontractors relationships experience
- Strong knowledge of English is required. In addition, the candidate should preferably be fluent in French and/or Dutch.
- Stress resistant, autonomy, sense of initiative
- Versatility and flexibility
- Interdisciplinary and creative, end-to-end commitment, focused and persistent
- Team player, coaching and communication skills
If you are looking for :
- The solidity of a large Group
- The agility of a human-sized structure
- A company which at the forefront of innovation
- An environment that fosters personnel development of all collaborators and offers opportunities for evolution within an international group;
If you defend values such as company spirit, sense of responsibility, ethics, creativity and teamwork;
Thales Belgium can be your partner.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results