Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1163
- Germany Jobs 152
- Netherlands Jobs 115
- United Kingdom Jobs 98
- Australia Jobs 77
- Canada Jobs 50
- Italy Jobs 35
- United States Jobs 34
- Romania Jobs 32
- Belgium Jobs 30
- Poland Jobs 28
- India Jobs 18
- Singapore Jobs 15
- Portugal Jobs 12
- Austria Jobs 12
- Spain Jobs 11
- Switzerland Jobs 11
- Mexico Jobs 9
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Czechia Jobs 8
- Brazil Jobs 7
- Sweden Jobs 4
- China Jobs 3
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 2
- Egypt Jobs 2
- Thailand Jobs 2
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- Israel Jobs 1
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Philippines Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
- Japan Jobs 1
- Russia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Morocco Jobs 1
- Denmark Jobs 1
- Colombia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 85
- Communications Jobs 2
- Customer Service Jobs 123
- Finance Jobs 10
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 246
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 61
- Human Resources Jobs 17
- Industry Jobs 178
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 19
- Purchasing Jobs 14
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 15
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 715
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 71
- Systems Engineering Jobs 393
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 3
Procurement Project Manager
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Our Defence and Mission systems business is looking for Project Procurement Manager to join the team. Working as part of the Procurement & Supply Chain Team you will provide professional and effective procurement and commercial lifecycle support to the business, influencing business and senior stakeholders shaping business requirements and market capabilities to ensure best outcomes. You will therefore have experience of managing change and creating innovative solutions.
The procurement activity will range from the sourcing of alliance partners for large complex projects through to smaller scale supporting requirements across a variety of contracting models and arrangements.
There will be a particular focus on projects and activities where significant cross functional working is required to exploit all opportunities so good stakeholder and relationship management skills are required. Focus will be on new routes to market, reducing cost, improving quality and maximising value for money through best practice strategic sourcing, category management, contract management & outsourcing.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Lead / participate in contractual negotiations and supplier management / development activities including incentivisation and managing demand vs. availability, contractual and cost performance.
Work with knowledge holders across the supply chain including customers / suppliers to determine performance and cost improvement opportunities and long term partnering solutions.
- Continuously developing sourcing strategy including delivery of the plan to enhance performance.
- Combines a thorough understanding of supplier performance KPIs and of current issues and drives improvement actions required.
- Is a key influencer of supplier relationship management approach and content, sets direction for development of new policies and procedures
Skills and Experience
- Practical understanding of Defence and partnering between Government and private sector.
- Detailed understanding of Lifecycle Management and Business Management Systems
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing & supplier management processes and principles of Supply Chain
- Expert stakeholder engagement, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact across all levels of management. Having experience in managing major procurement and sub contracts
- Proven leadership and delivery capability within a matrixed Procurement & Supply Chain function.
- You must have demonstrable capability as an influencer within procurement environments, coupled with the flair to leverage commercial opportunities and build lasting relationships.
- Experience of optimisation of the end-to-end value chain, associated processes and technology investments
- Ability to review process and consider ways to improve
- Business acumen in order to identify and mitigate risks and assess opportunities
- Able to interpret and communicate customer requirements
- Experience of scope and change management within a contract
- Significant experience in stakeholder management at all levels
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in complex and dynamic situations
- Adaptability to negotiate both as an individual and as part of a wider team
- Understanding of KPI's and effective management of the data to improve the output of the team
- To have a good understanding of the project lifecycle and Material end to end Process
- Providing technical leadership within the Supply Chain
- Be the technical bridge between Supply Chain, Engineering and Operations
- Utilising lean and six sigma techniques to improve supplier performance
- Awareness of the aspects of the Law that affect the activities of the business
- Familiar with typical internal governance requirements
- Understand a variety of contract/agreement types such as Fixed, IDC, TCIF, Bilateral, capability and output based.
- Good understanding of demand and capability planning
- CIPS / IACCM qualification
- Worked within Maritime/Air or comparable industry (e.g. Defence, Space, Rail, Energy, Heavy Engineering)
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results