Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 513
- Germany Jobs 95
- Netherlands Jobs 93
- Australia Jobs 65
- Singapore Jobs 40
- United Kingdom Jobs 35
- Canada Jobs 35
- Italy Jobs 34
- Spain Jobs 24
- Belgium Jobs 24
- Romania Jobs 20
- United States Jobs 16
- Austria Jobs 13
- Poland Jobs 12
- Mexico Jobs 11
- Portugal Jobs 10
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Colombia Jobs 7
- Switzerland Jobs 6
- Thailand Jobs 5
- Philippines Jobs 5
- China Jobs 5
- Norway Jobs 3
- Brazil Jobs 3
- India Jobs 2
- Japan Jobs 2
- Denmark Jobs 2
- Egypt Jobs 1
- Finland Jobs 1
- Vietnam Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Sweden Jobs 1
- Czechia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 72
- Communications Jobs 3
- Customer Service Jobs 89
- Finance Jobs 35
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 100
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 50
- Human Resources Jobs 10
- Industry Jobs 107
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 12
- Purchasing Jobs 13
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 14
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 304
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 49
- Systems Engineering Jobs 235
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 1
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Job Title: Project Controller
Location: Templecombe, United Kingdom
Primary Purpose of the Role:
The principle purpose of the role is to support the Project Management Team by providing effective Project Control expertise including the provision of accurate, meaningful project planning and reporting of the Outboard Control Account.
This encompasses ensuring that a robust project schedule is maintained and updated to enable accurate monitoring, analysing and reporting to enable information to be used in project decision-making.
The information provided to review and report the status of the project must be based on auditable, controlled and managed data.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Project Planning Schedule Construct & Resource Profiling
- To produce a baseline schedule to underpin the project requirements for a project in a qualification and production phase of a project lifecycle. Using information from the ERP system to ensure the level of detail is correct for the type and complexity of the project phase.Ensuring tasks are logically linked correctly in accordance with the design lifecycle; all technical and non-technical requirements are reflected and all internal and external dependencies are accurately captured and linked to show any schedule impact on movement of dates.
- Develop layouts to meet different stakeholder/ project team requirements, ensuring that schedule information can easily be presented and understood.
- Generate an accurate and meaningful critical path which can be communicated to the Project Team.Reconcile issues, making recommendations to assist in the recovery of slippage, where applicable.
- Identify resourcing constraints and issues and apply appropriate smoothing or levelling techniques to produce an optimised resource profile on the complex scenarios.
- Analyse the output from quantitative schedule integrity assessments (FUSE) taking appropriate actions that successfully sustain improvement trends. Conducts effective peer reviews of schedules and successfully supports others in schedule integrity assessments.
- Facilitate planning workshops with the project team to support schedule construction.
- Working with the manufacturing team to ensure adequate reporting of progress and estimates to complete in relation to time and resources, from the ERP system.
- Contributes effectively to all reviews by providing relevant and reliable information.
- Implements project controls and planning governance with the Outboard Control Account, being proactive by developing processes and tools to improve monitoring and reporting
- Undertake monthly comprehensive status updates on against the schedule in accordance with the Update and Review calendar, establishing reporting mechanisms and processes to ensure a monthly drum-beat of update and review, including but not limited to: comparison checks of “baseline to current” / “current to last” / “current to completion” status changes including comprehensive variance assessments; highlighting corrective action to be taken.
- Communicate project heath at project level reviews.
- Ensure the schedule baseline is maintained and adequate configuration control of any changes to the schedule are implemented in line with the programmes change control processes agreed in order to provide an audit trail of cost and schedule changes.
- Ensure all Project Management Baselines changes are agreed and are reflected in Primavera to enable accurate reporting including Earned Value (EV) reporting to validate actual progress including estimated actuals, remaining forecasts, reasons for variance and at-completion modelling.
- Utilise EV techniques as suitable to the tasks within the schedule and guide less the project team on the implementation and application of performance measurement and EV techniques.
- Provide reporting recommendations to support internal and external review meetings including but not limited to Earned Value calculations, to support project performance forecasting.
- Ensure the timely completion of Internal Reporting packs in line with Thales processes ensuring information is accurate and delivered in a timely manner.
- Analyse resource profiles resulting from the monthly schedule update process and make recommendations to reconcile resource loading anomalies ahead of data publish.
- Supporting both internal and external Project Reviews, communicating to both internal and external stakeholders the schedule, critical path, progress and overall health of the project.
Risk Management Concepts & Techniques
- Support the deployment & reporting of Risk & Opportunity Management, ensuring the correct maintenance of the risk register and ensuring the correct profiling of risk resources conducting regular risk reviews with team and key stakeholders, in order to manage the overall project risk exposure.
- Implements and applies Schedule Risk Analysis with integrated risk impact, uncertainty and deterministic modelling Interrogates the statistical analysis and reports findings to inform decision making. Conduct effective peer reviews of the output of Schedule Risk Analysis. Successfully coaches others in implementing and improving SRA.
- Contribute to and share best practice within PMO
- Able to consolidate complex information from multiple sources into a simple narrative
- Strong communication skills, the ability to adapt leadership style to achieve the desired results from interactions with team members and stakeholders;
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with written presentation and report writing skills;
- Strong time management and organisational skills, able to determine and set own priorities;
- Strong financial and business acumen;
- Excellent, professional PMO skills.The ability to support and coach Programme teams (including the coaching of Programme managers);
- Knowledge of production scheduling and reporting;
- An extensive track record of building strong relationships with key stakeholders to obtain and report information as part of the monthly reporting lifecycle;
- Comprehensive understanding of generic processes and techniques used to schedule Programme activities (WBS, OBS, milestones, dependencies , EVM);
- Understanding of the Programme Management process (including Change Control, Risk Management and Information Management);
- Comprehensive experience and knowledge of the Programme life cycle through delivery of Development, Implementation, Closure and Support activity;
- Experience of working across boundaries, best practice supply chain and finance functions;
- Experience with using scheduling applications such as Primavera application, MS Project for robust scheduling, project control reporting and impact analysis
- Ability to work with a team of Project Controllers working on the same programme across multiple sites
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results