Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1133
- Germany Jobs 152
- Netherlands Jobs 117
- United Kingdom Jobs 100
- Australia Jobs 83
- Canada Jobs 50
- Italy Jobs 36
- United States Jobs 34
- Romania Jobs 32
- Belgium Jobs 30
- Poland Jobs 29
- India Jobs 22
- Singapore Jobs 13
- Portugal Jobs 12
- Austria Jobs 12
- Switzerland Jobs 11
- Spain Jobs 10
- Brazil Jobs 9
- Mexico Jobs 9
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Czechia Jobs 8
- Sweden Jobs 4
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- China Jobs 3
- Egypt Jobs 2
- Thailand Jobs 2
- Philippines Jobs 2
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- Israel Jobs 1
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
- Japan Jobs 1
- Russia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Morocco Jobs 1
- Denmark Jobs 1
- Colombia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 89
- Communications Jobs 3
- Customer Service Jobs 123
- Finance Jobs 11
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 244
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 61
- Human Resources Jobs 13
- Industry Jobs 176
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 19
- Purchasing Jobs 14
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 18
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 700
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 71
- Systems Engineering Jobs 394
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 3
IVVQ Test Engineer
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
We are currently looking for an IVVQ Test Engineer to join Thales in Syracuse, NY. The IVVQ Test Engineer position will be required to work with internal and external subcontracting resources and to maintain productivity in a fast paced, agile development environment. This person must possess good written and verbal communications skills, be able to operate in a dynamic team environment, adapt to changing requirements and, most importantly, possess experience in the test and integration of software solutions that are primarily cloud based (Azure and/or AWS).
The IVVQ Test engineer is part of the Digital Aviation Solution (DAS) (Thales USA) team. This team is currently expanding its team to address the integration challenge of unmanned aircraft systems into the national airspace system. UAS Traffic Management (UTM) is changing aviation and Thales is seeking entry-level integration, verification, validation and qualification (IVVQ) test engineers to contribute to the validation of complex systems design including surveillance and / or command and control communications (C2). The team has identified an urgent need to grow its systems engineering team capabilities by adding qualified technical engineers in the Syracuse, NY, office.
Thales provides mission critical services to airlines, airports, and air navigation service providers around the world. Thales has created a new software as a service (SaaS) model aimed at improving aeronautical operations by leveraging cloud-based technologies (machine learning, artificial intelligence, etc.). The provision of capabilities for enabling safe and efficient operation of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) – also called UAS Traffic Management (UTM) – is a growing market need and one application targeted by this new product. Thales is seeking outstanding engineering professionals to assist with the development and deployment of this breakthrough capability.
- Deploy, configure, verify and validate SW system
- Support operation and maintenance of SW system
- Contribute to the writing of Software User Manual, Verification and Validation Plan and test procedures
- Create test summaries / reports
- Conduct both scripted and exploratory testing
- Work in an agile development cycle using JIRA
Required Skills and Experience:
- 0 to 2 years of experience in test engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, aerospace engineering, electrical engineering with minimum 1-4+ years of experience or Master’s degree in computer science, aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or electrical engineering with 0-2+ years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must meet US ITAR Requirements
- Experience in air traffic management, aviation is preferred
- Cloud environment knowledge (Azure minimum)
- Redhat Linux OS experience
- Shell Scripting; preferably Python and BASH
- Programming in JAVA, JS
- Excellent organizational skills and work ethic.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with local/remote employees in a multicultural team.
- High attention to detail
- Strong problem solving mentality
Are you ready to be part a part of something big? If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you’re looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
< Go Back to results
For United States Candidates
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Please read Thales Equal Opportunity Policy Statement. Please read our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 1-833-676-3700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thales is an E-Verify employer - learn more here.