Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2372
- United Kingdom Jobs 174
- Netherlands Jobs 139
- United States Jobs 83
- Germany Jobs 76
- Australia Jobs 74
- Canada Jobs 66
- Singapore Jobs 53
- India Jobs 36
- Romania Jobs 34
- Italy Jobs 27
- Belgium Jobs 26
- Poland Jobs 17
- Austria Jobs 14
- Spain Jobs 13
- Denmark Jobs 10
- Czechia Jobs 10
- Brazil Jobs 10
- China Jobs 9
- Mexico Jobs 7
- Portugal Jobs 5
- Thailand Jobs 4
- Morocco Jobs 4
- Switzerland Jobs 4
- Colombia Jobs 4
- Indonesia Jobs 3
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 3
- Japan Jobs 3
- Israel Jobs 2
- Finland Jobs 2
- Russia Jobs 2
- Ivory Coast Jobs 2
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 1
- Egypt Jobs 1
- South Africa Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Sweden Jobs 1
- Norway Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 169
- Communications Jobs 10
- Customer Service Jobs 313
- Finance Jobs 58
- General Management Jobs 5
- Hardware Jobs 270
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 124
- Human Resources Jobs 35
- Industry Jobs 319
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 25
- Purchasing Jobs 43
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 57
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 1050
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 100
- Systems Engineering Jobs 717
Rigger Portal / Crane Driver Portal
Full time, Regular Employment
About ThalesThales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Our SiteGarden Island is the headquarters for our Maritime business along with being a major fleet base for the Royal Australian Navy. This unique waterside located in Sydney’s inner eastern suburbs is easily accessible by public transport, with onsite parking and canteens this is an exciting place to work that is steeped in history. Our Garden Island team provide repair, maintenance and in-service support for a variety of commercial and Naval platforms. With much of the work being conducted in the Southern Hemisphere’s largest dry dock, Thales are also contracted to provide docking, reticulated services and facility maintenance across the site.
We have multiple opportunities now available for Rigger/Crane Drivers to join our expanding team with the Dock Group, providing logistics services and dock operations to Platform Services. Joining a team of highly skilled professionals, at our Garden Island facility and occasionally at our Carrington facility, you will provide your extensive skills within the Dock Group in support of the Platform Services business within a multi resources team operating in various environments.
- Working with Mobile & Portal Cranes as a Dogman / Rigger.
- Undertaking multi skilled activities in all aspects of ship repair.
- Undertaking rigging work inboard of vessel and external of vessel.
- Undertaking rigging equipment inspections for fit for use.
- Actively managing the Portal Crane area for safety requirements.
- Providing feedback and information in the composing of JSA’s and Risk Assessments
You hold the following skills and attributes;
- Advance Rigging Certificate
- Advance Scaffolding Certificate
- Forklift Certificate
- Elevated Work Platform Certificate
- Drivers Licence – Class C
- Familiar with marine practices, ship layout and technical interpretation.
- Experience in Fleeting work and working in a Heavy Industrial Industry
- Knowledge and understanding of oil spill equipment operation and deployment
- Sound interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
You will also need to successfully clear a pre-employment medical and police check.
Have the ability to work within confined spaces and/or willing to undertake the appropriate training.
Occasional overseas and interstate travel may be required.
Applicant must be an Australian Citizen eligible for a Defence Security Clearance and/or may need to be ITARS cleared; ITARS requirements.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results