Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2843
- United Kingdom Jobs 187
- Netherlands Jobs 136
- Germany Jobs 107
- Australia Jobs 82
- Canada Jobs 60
- Romania Jobs 58
- United States Jobs 54
- Singapore Jobs 43
- Belgium Jobs 26
- Italy Jobs 22
- Portugal Jobs 18
- India Jobs 16
- Austria Jobs 12
- Poland Jobs 11
- Denmark Jobs 8
- Spain Jobs 6
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 5
- Switzerland Jobs 5
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 4
- Egypt Jobs 3
- Qatar Jobs 2
- China Jobs 2
- Brazil Jobs 2
- Thailand Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 243
- Communications Jobs 30
- Customer Service Jobs 444
- Finance Jobs 97
- General Management Jobs 4
- Hardware Jobs 259
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 181
- Human Resources Jobs 72
- Industry Jobs 397
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 24
- nCphr Jobs 12
- Purchasing Jobs 67
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 77
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 1033
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 128
- Systems Engineering Jobs 657
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 1
Apprentice Fitting and Machining
Full time, Fixed Term / Temporary
About ThalesIn fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Our SiteGarden Island is the headquarters for our Maritime business along with being a major fleet base for the Royal Australian Navy. This unique waterside located in Sydney’s inner eastern suburbs is easily accessible by public transport, with onsite parking and canteens this is an exciting place to work that is steeped in history. Our Garden Island team provide repair, maintenance and in-service support for a variety of commercial and Naval platforms. With much of the work being conducted in the Southern Hemisphere’s largest dry dock, Thales are also contracted to provide docking, reticulated services and facility maintenance across the site.
- Kick start your career with a global industry leading organisation and gain valuable insights from some of our most accomplished professionals in Thales.
- This hands on Apprenticeship will offer you world class experience whilst working in one of Australia’s most renowned locations.
- Garden Island (Sydney) location | 2020 commencement
Exciting Career Opportunity
This role will give you both formal studies (TAFE) and practical experience as a Mechanical Fitter, working within the ship repair & maintenance business of Thales Australia, you will be trained in and assist with a range of Mechanical Fitter activities in a diverse technical environment within the maritime field. Your work experience will be gained primarily through on-the-job training working alongside senior engineers, as well as formal training where applicable. The Apprenticeship includes a rotation program between various areas of the Above Water Services business as well as release to RTO (TAFE). This is an amazing opportunity for a motivated school leaver or someone with a couple of years industry experience that is looking to become an Mechanical Fitter, you will be a proven self-starter that is eager to learn both in the classroom and on the job.
Key Skills & Experience
- Proactive attitude and keen to become familiar with workshop equipment, machinery and its safe operation
- Willing to undertake multi-skilled activities in all aspects of ship repair and maintenance work
- Ability to read/understand technical drawings and operate with an attention to detail
- Willing and able to work within confined spaces, supported by all relevant training
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- A strong commitment towards maintaining a clean, tidy and safe working environment
- Committed to complying with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Other related duties as assigned, which may include off-site work or projects outside the Sydney metropolitan area
- A current NSW White Card (General Construction) is preferred
Special Requirements: Please not that this role requires Defence Security Clearance and candidates must be eligible for or have Defence Security Clearance. Candidates must also meet citizenship requirements.
Apply now to put yourself in the running for an exciting career opportunity with a global organisation. You will be part of a strong team environment, enjoy diverse career challenges and will be supported with the relevant training and development to help you succeed.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results