Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1166
- Germany Jobs 121
- Netherlands Jobs 112
- Australia Jobs 72
- United Kingdom Jobs 51
- Singapore Jobs 39
- Italy Jobs 38
- Canada Jobs 32
- Romania Jobs 28
- Belgium Jobs 25
- United States Jobs 23
- Poland Jobs 17
- Spain Jobs 14
- Switzerland Jobs 13
- Portugal Jobs 12
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 10
- Colombia Jobs 9
- India Jobs 8
- Mexico Jobs 8
- Austria Jobs 5
- Japan Jobs 4
- Brazil Jobs 4
- Norway Jobs 3
- Thailand Jobs 2
- China Jobs 2
- Morocco Jobs 2
- Denmark Jobs 2
- Czechia Jobs 2
- Vietnam Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Philippines Jobs 1
- Malaysia Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 129
- Communications Jobs 12
- Customer Service Jobs 148
- Finance Jobs 50
- Hardware Jobs 223
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 81
- Human Resources Jobs 31
- Industry Jobs 192
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 18
- Purchasing Jobs 31
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 23
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 452
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 92
- Systems Engineering Jobs 347
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 5
Software Engineer (Fixed Term Contract)
Full time, Fixed Term / Temporary
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Thales in Singapore has been present since 1973, providing state-of-the-art solutions for customers in the aerospace, defence, security and transportation markets. Today, Thales in Singapore employs over 600 people and is home to all regional avionics services, a ground transportation integration centre, and regional innovation hub.
As a Perso Designer Tool Developer for PSE Design Tools Product Development Cell, you will design and develop tools used by Technical Consultants, Order Engineering developers and Industrial users.
A week in the life of a Software Development Engineer:
- You will work closely with the Product Owners to understand the requirements and design our software keeping in mind the User Experience, maintainability and good performance.
- You will design our software to answer to the requirements and/or challenge them if they are unsound.
- You will perform estimation of your tasks and track your progress and communicate to the Project Leader and team continuously.
- You will work in an Agile development environment and be part of a Scrum team.
- You will implement your design and unit test them.
- You will write end-user guides and software requirement specifications and software design documents.
- You will perform validation of the software together with the team.
- You will provide Level 3 support to users of our applications.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have: good analytical capability and experienced in Java / Java Eclipse RCPdevelopment. Worked in an Agile development e.g. with Scrum / Kanban.
- It would be preferred if you have experience in J2EE, Python and/or XSLT. Understand what supports Agile e.g. Continuous Integration.
- You must be fluent in English.
- We would like someone to join our team who is willing to learn, share, and a good team player.
- You must have a Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Computer Engineering.
- We are looking for someone with at least 2 years of programming experience.
This is a 2 year contract position with possibility for renewal/conversion.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results