Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2654
- United Kingdom Jobs 181
- Germany Jobs 148
- Netherlands Jobs 146
- United States Jobs 108
- Australia Jobs 82
- Canada Jobs 62
- Belgium Jobs 41
- Romania Jobs 33
- Singapore Jobs 23
- India Jobs 21
- Italy Jobs 19
- Portugal Jobs 13
- Austria Jobs 11
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 10
- Denmark Jobs 10
- Spain Jobs 8
- Brazil Jobs 7
- Poland Jobs 5
- Switzerland Jobs 3
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 2
- Egypt Jobs 2
- China Jobs 2
- Qatar Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 227
- Communications Jobs 22
- Customer Service Jobs 353
- Finance Jobs 59
- General Management Jobs 8
- Hardware Jobs 345
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 235
- Human Resources Jobs 49
- Industry Jobs 343
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 24
- Purchasing Jobs 68
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 47
- Software – IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 1039
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 87
- Systems Engineering Jobs 686
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 26
Assistant Principal Engineer (LCD)
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
Thales in Singapore has been present since 1973, providing state-of-the-art solutions for customers in the aerospace, defence, security and transportation markets. Today, Thales in Singapore employs over 600 people and is home to all regional avionics services, a ground transportation integration centre, and regional innovation hub.
Job Description SummaryThe missions and rules of the Assistant Principal Engineer, Methods (LCD):
1. Development & Deployment:
• Process implementation in accordance to Thales requirement.
• Lead in area of LCD assembly and Product level Test expertise.
• Support in new supplier selection, technical audits and qualification.
• Identify test strategy and processes to be transferred to suppliers and improve test effectiveness.
• Lead in investigation during technical events.
• Support in NPI (New Product Introduction) and lead the PRR activities.
• Involve in the DFM activity, Feasibility review with the supplier and propose better solutions when possible.
• New processes and capabilities development and qualification.
• Support industrialization activities.
• Set action plan and measure efficiency.
• Good technical know-how to understand practical issues faced, identify risk, mitigate and provide clear direction to team.
• Ability to assess situation and leverage support from other functional groups.
• Good people management skills and able to make objective judgments, assessments and recommendations.
2. LCD Assembly – LCD Display EXPERT
• Subject Expertise:
o Ensure that HMS implementation is in accordance to the Thales requirements.
o To share and lead expertise in LCD manufacturing processes.
o To participate in supplier selection and assessment audit. Give to Competency Centre the Asian market knowledge about LCD manufacturing capabilities.
o To anticipate technical & technological risks and conduct or propose related action plans.
o To help in development of the HMS to support THALES Aerospace activities and advocate industrial engineering objectives upon the HMS.
o Acquire new knowledge as required.
• Transfer Preparation:
o Facilitates the transfer of manufacturing processes to HMS in accordance to THALES requirements.
o To study and manage assembly, inspection, manufacturing files and documentations for new manufacturing capability.
• Transfer Implementation:
o Provides technical support during the NPI and lead the PRR activities.
o Understands HMS request and help CC to answer to, explain the CC expectations to the HMS.
o Validate the proposed manufacturing strategy, methodology and tooling means.
o Manage the sustainability and efficiency of HMS manufacturing methods.
o Drive best practices and improvements to the manufacturing processes to ensure a high level of quality and consistency.
o Apply root-cause analysis and 8D methodology to determine technical and manufacturing process problems, and to manage resolutions at the manufacturing process.
o To liaise and work with different departments of Thales Aerospace or with the technical business unit to answer technical questions and improve skills and knowledge to the supplier.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results