Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1115
- Germany Jobs 167
- United Kingdom Jobs 110
- Netherlands Jobs 97
- Australia Jobs 86
- Romania Jobs 48
- Canada Jobs 39
- Belgium Jobs 34
- Italy Jobs 34
- Poland Jobs 30
- United States Jobs 29
- India Jobs 22
- Singapore Jobs 19
- Portugal Jobs 17
- Mexico Jobs 17
- Brazil Jobs 15
- Czechia Jobs 13
- Spain Jobs 11
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Austria Jobs 7
- China Jobs 5
- Norway Jobs 5
- Israel Jobs 4
- Switzerland Jobs 4
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- South Africa Jobs 3
- Thailand Jobs 3
- Sweden Jobs 3
- South Korea Jobs 2
- Japan Jobs 2
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- Egypt Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Philippines Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Colombia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 81
- Communications Jobs 3
- Customer Service Jobs 119
- Finance Jobs 21
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 218
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 40
- Human Resources Jobs 20
- Industry Jobs 153
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 17
- Purchasing Jobs 21
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 16
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 764
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 87
- Systems Engineering Jobs 397
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 4
Bid & Project Manager
Full time, Regular Employment
About ThalesThales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.
About Your Role
The purpose of this position is to manage allocated bids and/or projects in the Under Water Systems (UWS) business line portfolio, primarily within the SEA1439 Phase 6 Collins class Submarine upgrade programme.
- Managing bids and projects in accordance with Thales guidelines ensuring it addresses the objectives of the business.
- Execute, monitor and control the project.
- Liaising closely and collaboratively with functional teams to ensure efficient delivery of bids/projects.
- Effective management of stakeholders and associated communications, both external and internal.
- Developing customer relationships by ensuring products and services delivered exceed customer expectations, where possible.
- As a Bid Manager, developing winning strategies, with specific win themes and ensuring it translates into compelling offers.
- Conducting bid and project gate reviews in accordance with Thales Governance framework.
- Preparing, monitoring and managing bid and project integrated schedule, budget, baselines, risks and opportunities.
- Coordinating and negotiating input from local and overseas subcontractors, suppliers and partners.
How About You?
- Degree qualified in business, engineering, project management or other suitable discipline.
- IPMA Certification or ability to secure certification.
- Proven and effective leadership skills with a high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams.
- At least three years’ bid and project management experience with multi partners / major co contractors.
- Experience in delivery of developmental / acquisition mission systems (software / hardware) based projects with annual turnover in excess of $2M AUD PA.
- Experience working with complex Work Breakdown Structures (WBS).
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results