Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1129
- Germany Jobs 152
- Netherlands Jobs 116
- United Kingdom Jobs 97
- Australia Jobs 84
- Canada Jobs 51
- Italy Jobs 37
- United States Jobs 33
- Romania Jobs 31
- Belgium Jobs 30
- Poland Jobs 29
- India Jobs 23
- Portugal Jobs 14
- Singapore Jobs 13
- Austria Jobs 12
- Switzerland Jobs 11
- Brazil Jobs 11
- Mexico Jobs 10
- Spain Jobs 9
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Czechia Jobs 8
- Sweden Jobs 4
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- China Jobs 3
- Egypt Jobs 2
- Thailand Jobs 2
- Philippines Jobs 2
- New Zealand Jobs 2
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- Israel Jobs 1
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
- Japan Jobs 1
- Russia Jobs 1
- Morocco Jobs 1
- Denmark Jobs 1
- Colombia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 90
- Communications Jobs 3
- Customer Service Jobs 129
- Finance Jobs 11
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 241
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 62
- Human Resources Jobs 11
- Industry Jobs 176
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 19
- Purchasing Jobs 13
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 18
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 699
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 74
- Systems Engineering Jobs 389
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 3
Full time, Regular Employment
Within the OEN/ Domain Observation and Navigation Italy, we are looking for a:
who will work as part of the Innovative Solutions, Labs and Digital Transformation Dept based in Rome.
The Laboratory Manager plays a central role in the overall safety and usability of the laboratory and is responsible for managing the daily operations of the labs,. The Lab Manager takes responsibility for all aspects of the lab, including but not limited to: instruments/equipment, users of the lab and supplies needed to ensure the lab runs smoothly. She/he is also responsible of proposing, designing and planning a sustainable evolution of the Labs always taking into account the industrial and R&D context and needsand ensuring consistency and coherence with Domain business The Laboratory Manager is also a reference point of contact between Domain and other company functions like IS, infrastructure and security/safety. She/he reports directly to the Head of Innovative Solution, Labs and Digital Transformation Dept ensuring, for what concern the Lab part, the execution of the objectives defined at Department level.
Assignment duration: Permanent
Management of the Laboratory
- Be familiar with the regulatory requirements specific to the lab environment and ensures all users and activities are compliant with those standards.
- Review research protocols of internal and external research groups in an effort to stay abreast of activities involving the lab and its facilities at any given time.
- To manage and work with the Lab team of experts and technicians who work to maintain and improve DONI Labs
- Define the annual Labs RoadMap evolution in agreement with DONI products, programs, research and innovation needs
- To prepare and update Lab mid/long term roadmap based on future acquisitions or hot research topics relevant for DONI products
- To participate in DONI Bids even if direct use of Labs is not directly requested, contributing with solutions that could allow to increase the added value of proposal/solution and reduce the internal cost by exploiting Labs facilities
- In the frame of the MYB, to identify the needs and budget for both CAPEX and OPEX to allow a continuous improvement, operation and maintenance of the Labs
- To initiate and manage the procurement of CAPEX and to produce, on request, reports about funds usage.
- To maintain an up to date inventory of Labs facilities and their status (allocation to activities, calibration, foreseen maintenance, etc.)
- To promote the usage of Labs inside and outside DONI presenting all the facilities and functions implemented by the Labs and their planned evolutions
- In line with DONI roadmaps and activities, to interact and work with Universities and Research Center in defining state-of-the-art labs and testbeds. It’s also part of the activities the enlargement of the ecosystem working with start-ups and SMEs
- To ensure the link with the other TAS laboratories providing a common vision of the evolution of the Labs considering all the new technologies and process coming from the Digital Transformation.
- To work with IS in defining and implementing all the network and SW needs in accordance with TAS rules
- To update and maintain the Lab Safety Plan/Manual.
- To work in agreement with the HSE Manager in defining and verifying that the Labs meet the HSE rules.
- Oversees laboratory safety and ensures that the laboratory remains in compliance with all regulations. In cases where non-compliance is found, documents the instances as well as how they were abated and define way forward and solutions.
- Ensures all reagents and supplies are available when needed.
- Communicates and enforces laboratory safety rules to internal and external researchers working in the lab.Ensures all users of the lab are using equipment in a proper way.
- Ensures availability of equipment and functionalities when needed by users. This should be made possible via a SW tool allowing the booking of equipment and area, the tools should also expose all the equipment and functionalities available in the Lab. The development of these tools is an objective to be achieved during the first year of activties.
- To work with (and within) projects teams to exploit Lab related activities including but not limited to: test campaign, simulations, testbeds.
- To plan and optimize the usage of Labs in line with projects/research activities needs
- Ensures lab users have been trained on the correct use of the lab equipment, in addition to mentoring and disciplining lab users for not following safety policies/procedures that have been established for the lab.
- Ensure technical and operational reference material is available and up to date
- Schedules safety training for new lab users and retraining for lab users who are in need of refresher training to include but not be limited to: equipment training, safety training and/or lab safety plan reviews and ensure the training has been documented.
- Ensures that the laboratory is well organized in terms of logistic organization of both space and materials.
- Ensures all equipment is properly functioning including but not limited to eyewash/safety showers and when instruments/equipment is found to be in need of maintenance/repair, he/she contacts the Equipment Engineer to have it repaired.
- Ensures all equipment are calibrated and ready to use, is part of the duties the planning of the calibration in accordance with Company organization and rules. It’s part of the activities the planning of periodical maintenance of equipment and mobile Labs
- To prepare and keep updated a maintenance and obsolescence plan prepared taking into account relevant activities planned/scheduled in DONI activities
- To ensures all equipment are repaired on time and make available to the users when needed
Language: fluent English and Italian, spoken and written
The ideal candidate has a distinctive propensity to team working and is at ease mediating even between different requests.
Open minded to different cultures in working, he always uses a collaborative approach, helping to find shared solutions out-of-the-box.
He/she has a good grasp of technology, passionate about it and informed about evolutions and trends. The ideal candidate is familiar with and can apply measurement theory, statistics, informatics and physics.
Previous working experience in laboratories in managing testbed will be preferential.
Why this vacancy can be a great opportunity for you?
Because you will engage a unique, experience in a transversal environment covering observation, navigation and aerocom thematic.
You will succeed in reaching your working objectives, managing between different requests in an enlarged ecosystem including also start-ups, SMEs, Universities and Research Centers.
You will enrich your professional and human experience collaborating to the realization of innovative products and solution contributing to Company growth in the Satellite Business.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results