Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1810
- Germany Jobs 194
- United States Jobs 155
- United Kingdom Jobs 152
- Netherlands Jobs 124
- Australia Jobs 116
- Italy Jobs 107
- Canada Jobs 83
- Romania Jobs 63
- India Jobs 50
- Singapore Jobs 45
- Belgium Jobs 41
- Spain Jobs 37
- Poland Jobs 28
- Portugal Jobs 28
- Czechia Jobs 24
- Mexico Jobs 22
- Brazil Jobs 14
- Philippines Jobs 10
- Denmark Jobs 10
- Austria Jobs 10
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 9
- Colombia Jobs 9
- China Jobs 8
- Japan Jobs 8
- Morocco Jobs 8
- Switzerland Jobs 6
- Luxembourg Jobs 6
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 5
- Israel Jobs 5
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 4
- Finland Jobs 3
- Thailand Jobs 3
- Indonesia Jobs 3
- Sweden Jobs 3
- Egypt Jobs 2
- Norway Jobs 2
- Belarus Jobs 1
- Bulgaria Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
- Russia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- French Guiana Jobs 1
- Argentina Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 183
- Communications Jobs 7
- Customer Service Jobs 262
- Finance Jobs 47
- Hardware Jobs 231
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 75
- Human Resources Jobs 27
- Industry Jobs 293
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 29
- PROCUREMENT Jobs 67
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 61
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 1142
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 164
- Systems Engineering Jobs 627
category buyer SW&Serv
Regular Employment, Full time
Reporting to the relevant Global Category Manager and / or Categories Team leader (CTL) depending of geographic location.
Key Figures :
- Annual volume of commitment and spend within relevant categories and % of Savings
- Number of suppliers for the given category and the structured closure of legacy, close and disengage suppliers as defined by the category strategies
- Year on year competitiveness and cost reductions
- Categories operational performance (quality, on-time delivery, supply risk assessment, ..)
- % Categories compliance with policy suppliers based on both commitment and spend
- Implementation of framework agreement(s) or specific contract(s) where there is a business need
The Category Manager (CM) supports one or several procurement categories.
The CM works in close relation with the relevant Global Category Managers (GCM), the Categories Team Leader (CTL) and the Tactical Buyer (TB).
All CM actions have to be in line with the strategy defined by the Global Category Manager and the CM will have a regular feed back loop with the GCM. The CM's prime role is the management of the RFI or/and RFP's until PVet 4 stage for business critical work packages (up to PVet 5 based on some Regions) in order to provide competitiveness to the business
In addition to this their main tasks are:
• Provide input into worldwide category strategies for short, medium and long term needs
• Ensure the relevant players have a good knowledge of Thales need and support the category strategy so that the business secures targeted projects and customer competitive advantage.
• Ensure that clear and measurable savings targets are identified and delivered by category and endorsed by business / project.
• Ensure category commitment and spend compliance tracking is well reported.
Procurement Competitiveness Capture:
• Monitor category markets on an on-going basis to identify and understand key players, newcomers, economic evolutions, market or regulation constraints, innovations and technology in order to support the development of the most up to date category strategies for the businesses.
• Based on the above provide insights as to how products / projects could be more competitive via the adoption of different suppliers / methodologies / technology etc.
• In conjunction with the Procurement Product, Bids and Project Managers (PPM) and cross functional teams, the CM supports the preparation of Make / Buy decisions (lead by the PPM) in order to optimise business performance.
Governance, Leadership and Performance Management:
• Ensure THALES governance is applied using KPI's and root cause corrective actions
Supplier / Acquisition Management:
• Performance management of the supply base in line with the standards set out by the Global Category Manager.
• Ensure that supplier competitions follow the governance process and are balanced and fair in order to improve business and customer performance.
• Ensure that the supplier contracts and framework agreements are negotiated when required in line with the category strategies.
• Ensure that global contracts / framework agreements are adopted and utilised.
• Ensure that specific legal compliance government or special customer requirements are taken into account during conception / implementation of category strategies.
• Ensure that Thales e-Acquisition and all THALES procurement tools are properly fully used according to governance procurement work packages at global level.
• Ensure that the risks, opportunities and Tier supply chain mapping is understood and managed in order to optimise business performance.
• Based on the performance management of the supply base identify the suppliers who require focused development actions and ensure that the Supplier Development Team have the required support / leverage to conduct successfully these actions .
• Ensure the Tactical Buyers receive all required information to raise the Procurement Orders.
< Go Back to results