Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1166
- Germany Jobs 121
- Netherlands Jobs 112
- Australia Jobs 72
- United Kingdom Jobs 51
- Singapore Jobs 39
- Italy Jobs 38
- Canada Jobs 32
- Romania Jobs 28
- Belgium Jobs 25
- United States Jobs 23
- Poland Jobs 17
- Spain Jobs 14
- Switzerland Jobs 13
- Portugal Jobs 12
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 10
- Colombia Jobs 9
- India Jobs 8
- Mexico Jobs 8
- Austria Jobs 5
- Japan Jobs 4
- Brazil Jobs 4
- Norway Jobs 3
- Thailand Jobs 2
- China Jobs 2
- Morocco Jobs 2
- Denmark Jobs 2
- Czechia Jobs 2
- Vietnam Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Philippines Jobs 1
- Malaysia Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 129
- Communications Jobs 12
- Customer Service Jobs 148
- Finance Jobs 50
- Hardware Jobs 223
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 81
- Human Resources Jobs 31
- Industry Jobs 192
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 18
- Purchasing Jobs 31
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 23
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 452
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 92
- Systems Engineering Jobs 347
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 5
AIT Mechanical Operations
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales Alenia Space in Rome is a leader on Mechanical Assembly and Integration of Satellite systems and subsystems, those activities are in charge at the Mechanical Operations Department.
The Mechanical Integration Engineer has the responsibility for the execution of all activities necessary to perform Mechanical Assembly and Integration of Flight Hardware of Satellites and Payloads, the Task is required to be performed at Subsystem/System level. The activities include even the execution of the the Harness DC & RF installation (Crimping, Soldering, Wrapping, Mating) and Mechanical/Thermal Sensors installation (Accelerometers, Strain gauges, Thermocouples, Heaters).
The Mechanical Integration Engineer execute all tasks necessary to perform mechanical set-up (DC cable, RF Cable, RF Waveguide, RF Loads) to support the Electrical Integration phase.
The Mechanical Integration Engineer has in charge the use and maintenance of the Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) used during the operations.
The Mechanical Department in Rome is looking for a AIT Mechanical Integration Engineer to work on several Programs (Telecommunication, Observation, Navigation) to execute all above tasks, working in Team and reporting to the Mechanical Responsible.
- To provide comments on Flight H/W configuration wrt accessibility and Integration Flow, providing identification of potential constraints to be taken into account.
- To provide inputs to other documents related (e.g. Work Items,PVS, NCR, etc).
- To support the Design phase in concurrent Engineering with Design Authority to prepare the complex Mechanical Integration Procedures(e.g : Integration and deployment of mechanisms, Active thermal Control Interconnection, Equipment Assembly, MGSE Handling, etc).
- To provide comments on Flight H/W configuration wrt accessibility and Integration Flow, providing identification of potential constraints to be taken into account for the Industrialization phase.
- To write the Mechanical Integration procedures to perform equipment, Subsystem and system AIT
- To prepare the complex Mechanical Integration Procedures(e.g : Integration and deployment of mechanisms, Active thermal Control Interconnection, Handling, etc).
- To execute autonomsly Mechanical Integration, testing and handling operations.
- To be Operation Test Conductor.
- AIT Technological Processes execution (Gluing, Crimping, Wrapping, Mirrors Repairing, Bonding, RF Coaxial cable.)
- To support Logistic and Quality department (Incoming, shipment, packaging, Inspection).
- To use MRP/SAP for task preparation and Kitting.
- To use MES for the execution and reporting.
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
- Master degree in Mechanical Engineer or equivalent
- Knowledge of the Architecture and Mechanical requirementsof a Spacecraft design including system/subsystem and components.
- Experience of AIT Mechanical Integration processes such as: Crimping, Soldering, Bonding, Pyro devices,
- Experience in the use of laboratory Electric instruments (Milliohmeter, Multimeter, Load Cells, Mega-ohmeter, Safety Ohmeter, Oscilloscope).
- Experience in Mechanical Assembly and Integration (including Cabling and DC-RF Set up)
- Experience in handling operations by using MGSE
- Crimping Certification : ESA ECSS-Q-ST-70-26C
- Soldering Certification: ESA ECSS-Q-ST-70-08
- Coaxial Cable Assembly: ESA ECSS-Q-ST-70-18
- Harness Handling Certification NASA –STD-8739.4
- Chemical & Gas Handler certification : EA9321; EA9309; EC2216; ECCOBOND 56C; DC93500; HV998/AV138M1; IPA; ACETONE; Nitrogen
- Crane use Certification
- Cherry Picker Certification
- PC application in MS Windows environment, CATIA; CATIA Composer, SAP MRP.
- Good knowledge of English in writing and speaking
- Availability to work in double or triple shifts
- Availability to work during bank holidays seasons
- Availability to work on weekends
- Availability to work abroad for long periods
Innovation, passion, ambition : rejoignez Thales et créez le monde de demain, dès aujourd’hui.
< Go Back to results