Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1129
- Germany Jobs 152
- Netherlands Jobs 116
- United Kingdom Jobs 97
- Australia Jobs 84
- Canada Jobs 51
- Italy Jobs 37
- United States Jobs 33
- Romania Jobs 31
- Belgium Jobs 30
- Poland Jobs 29
- India Jobs 23
- Portugal Jobs 14
- Singapore Jobs 13
- Austria Jobs 12
- Switzerland Jobs 11
- Brazil Jobs 11
- Mexico Jobs 10
- Spain Jobs 9
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Czechia Jobs 8
- Sweden Jobs 4
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- China Jobs 3
- Egypt Jobs 2
- Thailand Jobs 2
- Philippines Jobs 2
- New Zealand Jobs 2
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- Israel Jobs 1
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
- Japan Jobs 1
- Russia Jobs 1
- Morocco Jobs 1
- Denmark Jobs 1
- Colombia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 90
- Communications Jobs 3
- Customer Service Jobs 129
- Finance Jobs 11
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 241
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 62
- Human Resources Jobs 11
- Industry Jobs 176
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 19
- Purchasing Jobs 13
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 18
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 699
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 74
- Systems Engineering Jobs 389
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 3
Systems Engineering Manager
Full time, Regular Employment
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
System Engineering Manager
Primary Purpose of Role
- We are looking for Senior Systems Engineers/System Specialists/Solution Engineering Managers to join the Central Engineering team that is challenged with supporting complex projects across the 5 areas of the business and across multiple domains.
- The successful candidate will report directly to the UK Systems Engineering Director /Chief Engineer to define, support and/or commence execution of systems engineering and Engineering management activities on a range of projects in various phases of the life-cycle.A common denominator is that the project will be in need of external help and expertise to maintain/regain schedule/technical baseline
- The role will provide guidance and leadership to the project/programme Engineering team with particular reference to deploying a systems approach to the required engineering activities, the developments of efficient ways of working, individual and team development.
- In addition to potentially leading project engineering activity, the role shall also participate in and in some cases lead tiger team reviews in support of bids and projects and therefore must be able to balance the demands of SE excellence with strong practical engineering delivery ability.
- It is highly likely that successful candidates once established in an engineering role on a project will transfer into a permanent role within a business unit. Mobility and location flexibility is therefore essential
Key responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Responsibilities include working collaboratively within and across various teams, often in a complex matrixed and multi-stakeholder environment.
- Potentially responsible for defining and managing the solution engineering activities at various levels of projects including identifying the people and skills needed to ensure delivery and for driving delivery through appropriate governance.
- Sometimes responsible for the specification and execution of SE management and control processes including:
- Configuration and Data Management,
- Risk Management,
- Quality Management,
- Technical Performance Measures etc,
in Land, Sea or Air domain projects
- Sometimes responsible for Production and maintenance of management plans such as Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP), Through Life Management Plans (TLMP) etc.
- May be responsible for developing and maintaining customer/stakeholder relations both inside and outside of the organization and will be required to actively seek information to understand customer/stakeholder circumstances, problems, expectations and needs.
- May be required to define the system development cycle and defines the process, practices and tools (PP&T) applicable to the product based on project specific constraints (eg tools imposed by the Customer).
- Will be required to ensure global consistency of the engineering process, practices and tools, organise the co-engineering and potentially approve lower level solution elements’ or components’
- Ability to engage and influence a diverse set of stakeholders (CBU Heads of Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Project Management, IS/IT)
- Ability to work in complex multi-stakeholder environment to create clear and achievable goals.
- Able to influence a wide range of people to get things done – needs to be highly effective in a matrix based organisation – a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills – encourages an open environment where information and ideas are shared and innovative thinking is stimulated. Will be adept at effectively building stakeholder relationships and working collaboratively with customer, supplier and internal teams.
Experience and Skills
- Team player with a sharp intellect, challenging approach and a “can do attitude”.
- Understanding of systems engineering life cycle, practices and tools
- Experience of multi-stakeholder change management activities
- Experience of delivering the engineering content of system of system and system level programmes in land, sea and/or air domains
- Ability to make sound judgements on benefits vs. risk
- An understanding of the exploitation of Architectural modelling techniques and use of requirements management tools (specifically DOORS).
- Significant experience in execution of SE lifecycle processes, including:
- Requirements Elicitation
- System Specification
- Interface Specification
- Test Specification
- Conduct of Trade Studies
Education and Qualifications
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline or closely related technical field.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of having demonstrated the key competences listed elsewhere on this document.
- Membership or fellowship of a professional engineering body preferably with chartered status.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results