Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2605
- United Kingdom Jobs 193
- Netherlands Jobs 150
- Germany Jobs 140
- United States Jobs 103
- Australia Jobs 85
- Canada Jobs 66
- Belgium Jobs 37
- Singapore Jobs 31
- Romania Jobs 28
- Italy Jobs 23
- India Jobs 14
- Portugal Jobs 12
- Denmark Jobs 12
- Austria Jobs 12
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 10
- Spain Jobs 7
- Brazil Jobs 7
- Poland Jobs 5
- Switzerland Jobs 4
- Qatar Jobs 3
- China Jobs 3
- Egypt Jobs 2
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 223
- Communications Jobs 15
- Customer Service Jobs 378
- Finance Jobs 58
- General Management Jobs 9
- Hardware Jobs 291
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 207
- Human Resources Jobs 49
- Industry Jobs 337
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 22
- nCphr Jobs 5
- Purchasing Jobs 70
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 43
- Software – IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 1018
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 102
- Systems Engineering Jobs 730
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 8
Full time, Regular Employment
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our achitects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
When you trust institutions to secure your personal data and protect your financial transactions, you are trusting Thales. In an increasingly fast paced and unpredictable world, our architects design and deliver the extrordinary solutions that make your life better and keep your information safer. Combining a diversity of talents, we master the decisive moments that matter to you. Whatever it takes.
As a member of a collaborative development team, the Components/Modeling Engineer will contribute to the development of commercial hardware products and work closely with the hardware development team and the New Product Introduction (NPI) team throughout the product lifecycle. The Components/Modeling Engineer will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of the component library of electrical and mechanical parts including 3D models and thermal simulation.
Essential/Key Areas of Responsibility
- Component engineering experience, with ability to qualify new suppliers, evaluate components, direct failure analysis efforts on components;
- Communicate task and project status to the team and engineering management;
- Contribute to cost reduction projects for component substitutions and multi-sourcing;
- Time management to ensure project goals are met on time and within budget;
- Contribute to Requirement and Design Reviews;
- Work and communicate efficiently with remote engineering departments;
- Be an active team member and support a team environment.
- Any other duties or tasks as assigned.
Technical Knowledge/Skills & Experience Required
- More than five years of experience in product development;
- Experience with component engineering and vendor qualification;
- Knowledge in the component procurement process;
- Experience with SolidWorks or other 3D modelling tools;
- Experience with thermal modelling and simulation highly desired;
- Experience in mechanical and packaging design;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to accurately break down, estimate, and schedule tasks;
- Ability to lead and work in a fast paced environment with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to test and troubleshoot products with standard test equipment such as voltmeters, oscilloscopes, etc.;
- Understanding and experience with engineering product release practices;
- Exposure to formal quality systems (e.g. CMMI or ISO 9001).
- BSEE, BSCS, or equivalent experience required
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
< Go Back to results
For United States Candidates
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Please read Thales Equal Opportunity Policy Statement. Please read our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 1-844-504-7271 or email us at email@example.com.
Thales is an E-Verify employer - learn more here.