Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1166
- Germany Jobs 121
- Netherlands Jobs 112
- Australia Jobs 72
- United Kingdom Jobs 51
- Singapore Jobs 39
- Italy Jobs 38
- Canada Jobs 32
- Romania Jobs 28
- Belgium Jobs 25
- United States Jobs 23
- Poland Jobs 17
- Spain Jobs 14
- Switzerland Jobs 13
- Portugal Jobs 12
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 10
- Colombia Jobs 9
- India Jobs 8
- Mexico Jobs 8
- Austria Jobs 5
- Japan Jobs 4
- Brazil Jobs 4
- Norway Jobs 3
- Thailand Jobs 2
- China Jobs 2
- Morocco Jobs 2
- Denmark Jobs 2
- Czechia Jobs 2
- Vietnam Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Philippines Jobs 1
- Malaysia Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 129
- Communications Jobs 12
- Customer Service Jobs 148
- Finance Jobs 50
- Hardware Jobs 223
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 81
- Human Resources Jobs 31
- Industry Jobs 192
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 18
- Purchasing Jobs 31
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 23
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 452
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 92
- Systems Engineering Jobs 347
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 5
Senior Software Engineer
Full time, Fixed Term / Temporary
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales Portugal is a Competence Centre of the Thales Group, whose mission is to integrate and develop solutions and products for Thales projects worldwide. Having around 220 specialized human resources Thales Portugal has a strong capability to design, develop, and deploy systems and services efficiently in the Defence, Security (Critical Information Systems, Critical Infrastructure and Banking) and Transportation markets.
Thales Portugal is looking for a Senior Java Software Developer to reinforce the Product Development team. This person will participate in the complete development cycle, including analysis, design, implementation and tests of the features that are in their scope of responsibility, using the Scrum Framework Development approach. An active participation in team decisions to continuous improve our methods, software and team satisfaction is expected.
- Be able to discover client needs and translate them to system and software requirements
- Ensure the refinement of the components requirements.
- Assemble the software components in a logical and controlled manner to evaluate the design, behavior, interactions and performance, and to confirm that the requirements against which the software components have been designed are fulfilled.
- Participate in the configuration item integration and verification phases.
- Contribute to the production of the software data package for release to solution.
- Ensures the Configuration Management of the Software Components.
- Contribute to the Change Management of the Software Solution.
Skills and Requirements
- MSc / BS degrees in Computer Science or related fields;
- Experience and knowledge of Object Oriented concepts, data structures and multi-threading;
- At least 6 years of experience in Java software development;
- Good knowledge of Spring Framework (mandatory);
- Database concepts. Both SQL and NoSQL;
- Experience with Agile methodologies. Scrum as a preference. Certified Scrum Developer is a plus;
- General UNIX, and/or Windows knowledge;
- Openness to a new environment, people and culture;
- Work effectively within existing systems, both software artifacts and organizations
- Fluent English language, spoken and written;
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results