Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1494
- Germany Jobs 211
- United Kingdom Jobs 156
- Netherlands Jobs 125
- Australia Jobs 100
- Romania Jobs 73
- Canada Jobs 65
- India Jobs 54
- United States Jobs 49
- Singapore Jobs 41
- Belgium Jobs 37
- Italy Jobs 24
- Czechia Jobs 23
- Portugal Jobs 20
- Poland Jobs 19
- Spain Jobs 18
- Austria Jobs 14
- Mexico Jobs 14
- Denmark Jobs 11
- China Jobs 9
- Brazil Jobs 8
- Philippines Jobs 7
- Morocco Jobs 7
- Switzerland Jobs 7
- Thailand Jobs 6
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 5
- Japan Jobs 4
- Norway Jobs 4
- Colombia Jobs 4
- Taiwan Jobs 3
- Sweden Jobs 2
- Argentina Jobs 2
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 1
- Israel Jobs 1
- Panama Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 119
- Communications Jobs 27
- Customer Service Jobs 185
- Finance Jobs 57
- Hardware Jobs 239
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 74
- Human Resources Jobs 54
- Industry Jobs 243
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 19
- PROCUREMENT Jobs 39
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 33
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 963
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 115
- Systems Engineering Jobs 452
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 1
Avionics Architect (Thales Alenia Space)
Regular Employment, Full time
Thales people architect and deliver satellite-based systems that help position, connect and observe our planet, and push the boundaries of our understanding of planet's resources. Our systems are in orbit at 400 km, 20000 km, 36000 km and beyond to the edges of the solar system.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Who are you?
You have an experience in satellite command and control, satellite data acquisition, processing and storage? You are familiar with On-board data-handling, on board software, AOCS, FDIR?
You have worked on ESA projects?
You hold a degree in engineering?
You have a strong team spirit and you are able to lead a technical team?
What we could offer:
Joining the systems team of Thales Alenia Space in the UK and working on a number of fascinating Earth Observation Mission, the avionics architect will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage customer avionics requirements and propose a compliant solution
- Conduct trade-offs and establishing the avionics architecture
- Manage interfaces between subsystems/ equipment (RTU, SMU, OBSW,…), between hardware and software
- Propose system development strategy for the Avionics to mitigate schedule risks and budget constraint
- Critically review inputs from suppliers
- Conduct design and qualification review (PDR, CDR, TRR, FAR)
- Liaise with customers and subcontractors on technical issues
- Mentoring of team members to grow TAS-UK capability
- Support bids providing technical insight as well as costing inputs
- Support the verification strategy and test specification for the end to end system validation
- Manage avionics work packages
The position will be based at the TAS-UK Harwell office but up to 10% of work may need to be conducted at subcontractor’s or customer premises, typically in UK or Europe.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results