Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1129
- Germany Jobs 152
- Netherlands Jobs 116
- United Kingdom Jobs 97
- Australia Jobs 84
- Canada Jobs 51
- Italy Jobs 37
- United States Jobs 33
- Romania Jobs 31
- Belgium Jobs 30
- Poland Jobs 29
- India Jobs 23
- Portugal Jobs 14
- Singapore Jobs 13
- Austria Jobs 12
- Switzerland Jobs 11
- Brazil Jobs 11
- Mexico Jobs 10
- Spain Jobs 9
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Czechia Jobs 8
- Sweden Jobs 4
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- China Jobs 3
- Egypt Jobs 2
- Thailand Jobs 2
- Philippines Jobs 2
- New Zealand Jobs 2
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- Israel Jobs 1
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
- Japan Jobs 1
- Russia Jobs 1
- Morocco Jobs 1
- Denmark Jobs 1
- Colombia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 90
- Communications Jobs 3
- Customer Service Jobs 129
- Finance Jobs 11
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 241
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 62
- Human Resources Jobs 11
- Industry Jobs 176
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 19
- Purchasing Jobs 13
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 18
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 699
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 74
- Systems Engineering Jobs 389
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 3
Cloud Operations Manager
Full time, Regular Employment
We are currently looking for a Cloud Operations Manager to join Thales in Ottawa, Canada. The Cloud Operations Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of managing Cloud Services including deployments of hotfixes, system setup and updates, system administration, monitoring, incident resolution, problem management, configuration and change management, asset management, service desk, security management and monitoring, availability management and disaster recovery.
The Cloud Operations Manager develops and maintains processes to manage operations, assists in technical standards development, is responsible for staffing and staff development, and demonstrates strong leadership qualities.
- Provide 24 X 7 operations for Thales Cloud Services
- Oversee Network Operations, Service Desk, Event Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Configuration Management and Change Management Processes for all Cloud Services.
- Define and report Key Performance Indicators to monitor process health; define and report Customer facing service metrics. Implement and oversee Security policy, monitoring, and guidelines for Cloud Services.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Take initiative in discovering existing and new challenges pertaining to the operations of Cloud Services and propose pro-active measures.
- Constantly seek to improve, resolve, and streamline tools and processes to meet operational challenges.
- Lead Service Disruption and Outage Analysis to create timely Disruption Reports and prevent the reoccurrence of incidents.
- Directly manage assigned employee team. Carry out management and supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training; planning, assigning and directing work; setting objectives and appraising performance.
- Responsible for creating Runbooks in order provide clear guidelines for staff on operational procedures during incidents/escalations.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or 5+ years of professional work experience in a related field.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in large complex information systems, Cloud services recommended. Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a must have. High level knowledge of automation tools such as chef and or Ansible is required.
- 5+ of IT Service Management, data center, server, and storage management, virtualization, networking, systems management, and/or project management are recommended
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role is highly preferred.
- Experience with supporting and deploying cloud based applications.
- Experience utilizing Linux and Window systems.
- Certifications in ITIL considered a plus for this position
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience designing and/or consuming cloud service architectures.
- Experience in deploying and supporting web based applications.
- Ability to think in a Cloud Services manner.
- Experience with orchestration toolsets.
- Understanding of operational concepts like network security, routing, and load balancing.
- Understanding of protocols like TCP/IP, SSH, RDP, etc..
- Understanding of operational concepts like change management, on call rotations, escalations, and uptime
- Experience in managing production systems on a very large scale.
- Experience working with virtualization: VMWare, and HyperV
- Experience working with DB’s: MSSQL, MySQL, Postgres, Mongo, and Cassandra
- Understanding of one of the major OS families (Linux or Windows)
- Good social interaction with the immediate team as well as other teams
- Ability to work in an extremely geographically distributed company
- Excellent communication skills across multiple mediums.
- Collaboration and project management tools: Jira, and Confluence
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results