Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1125
- Germany Jobs 174
- United Kingdom Jobs 106
- Netherlands Jobs 99
- Australia Jobs 82
- Romania Jobs 45
- Canada Jobs 39
- Belgium Jobs 32
- Italy Jobs 32
- Poland Jobs 30
- United States Jobs 26
- India Jobs 24
- Singapore Jobs 16
- Portugal Jobs 16
- Mexico Jobs 15
- Czechia Jobs 13
- Spain Jobs 10
- Austria Jobs 9
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Norway Jobs 5
- Brazil Jobs 5
- Israel Jobs 4
- Switzerland Jobs 4
- South Africa Jobs 3
- Japan Jobs 3
- Sweden Jobs 3
- Thailand Jobs 2
- China Jobs 2
- South Korea Jobs 2
- Denmark Jobs 2
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Philippines Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Colombia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 86
- Communications Jobs 2
- Customer Service Jobs 114
- Finance Jobs 18
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 227
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 39
- Human Resources Jobs 15
- Industry Jobs 149
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 16
- Purchasing Jobs 22
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 15
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 758
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 79
- Systems Engineering Jobs 400
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 5
Senior Electronics Engineer
Full time, Regular Employment
About ThalesIn fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.
About Your Role
Thales has been supporting the Australian Defence Force with Small Arms for over 100 years and is now working to deliver them the Next Generation of Close Combat Family of Weapons integrated with other supporting soldier systems. We have built up a team passionate about developing products to equip soldiers with transformational capabilities for the challenges of the modern battlefield and we’re now looking for like-minded, engineers and technical staff to join us in this important task. The Chief of Army summarised this last year when he recognised this by confirming that what we do is “ fundamental to assuring Army’s competitive capability edge into the future”.
Our Integrated Weapons and Sensor business is currently seeking an experienced Senior Electronics Engineer to be based at our Orchard Hills site. This role will support the new soldier weapons and sensors digital product line. This exciting role will take responsibility for the design, prototyping and design validation and verification testing for the electronics components of our new weapons systems. This is a great opportunity for 2021 which will provide you the opportunity to work with a wide range of cutting-edge technologies! The role will also work closely with our hardware engineers to design and prototype circuitry to support sensors and other electrical and digital functionality into the weapon design.
Responsibilities will include:
- Understand customer needs and through life cycle concerns for hardware solutions
- Formalise functional descriptions, hardware architectural designs and requirements
- Elaborate the specifications and engineering plans used to develop the solution/product.
- Assemble the solution/product elements to evaluate design, behaviour, interactions and performance to confirm the solution meets requirements
- Demonstrate that the hardware solutions satisfies overall operational needs and that the product data packages is ready for release to production and to operation and support.
- Provides specialist input into hardware development in order to:
- Gather requirements from key project stakeholders,
- Synthesize requirements into hardware design,
- Take a lead role in technical tasks during hardware development.
- Provides technical input into and assisting with the development of system-level architectures
- Requirements development and analysis ensuring designs meet applicable regulatory and customer requirements
- Leads and participates in technical reviews
How About You?
- Tertiary qualified in engineering (electrical, electronics, optronics etc)
- Engineering experience in the hardware development for electronic related products
- Experience and skills in authoring/reviewing technical documentation (engineering reports, test instructions, test reports) ,
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement complex electronic designs e.g. FPGAs,
- Serial communication and data bus protocols and bus technologies SPI, I2C driver, USART, driver development
- Demonstrated ability to develop circuit boards in Altium designer and experience in PCB design and layout tools, circuit simulation
- Interpretation and analysis of electronics systems drawings and technical documents
- Knowledge and or experience with design of software on embedded processors, and software languages e.g. C++
- A high level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Eligibility to be chartered for CPEng
- Experience in development of electronics for one or more of the following: Power Management, Communications/ RF design, Location Tracking, Inertial Sensor and Optronics Technologies
- Experience in development of mobile systems with demanding Size Weight and Power (SWaP) optimisation
- Any experience in sensors, optronic and electronic components relevant to weapons systems and or other defence projects and any experience in combat electronic systems and electrical wiring design and construction principles and practices would be desirable
Good to Know
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
This position will have regular travel to our Lithgow and Rydalmere sites.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results