Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1125
- Germany Jobs 174
- United Kingdom Jobs 106
- Netherlands Jobs 99
- Australia Jobs 82
- Romania Jobs 45
- Canada Jobs 39
- Belgium Jobs 32
- Italy Jobs 32
- Poland Jobs 30
- United States Jobs 26
- India Jobs 24
- Singapore Jobs 16
- Portugal Jobs 16
- Mexico Jobs 15
- Czechia Jobs 13
- Spain Jobs 10
- Austria Jobs 9
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Norway Jobs 5
- Brazil Jobs 5
- Israel Jobs 4
- Switzerland Jobs 4
- South Africa Jobs 3
- Japan Jobs 3
- Sweden Jobs 3
- Thailand Jobs 2
- China Jobs 2
- South Korea Jobs 2
- Denmark Jobs 2
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Philippines Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Colombia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 86
- Communications Jobs 2
- Customer Service Jobs 114
- Finance Jobs 18
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 227
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 39
- Human Resources Jobs 15
- Industry Jobs 149
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 16
- Purchasing Jobs 22
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 15
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 758
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 79
- Systems Engineering Jobs 400
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 5
Electronics and Optronics Engineering Manager
Full time, Regular Employment
About ThalesIn fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.
About Your Role
Thales has been supporting the Australian Defence Force with Small Arms for over 100 years and is now working to deliver them the Next Generation of Close Combat Family of Weapons integrated with other supporting soldier systems. We have built up a team passionate about developing products to equip soldiers with transformational capabilities for the challenges of the modern battlefield and we’re now looking for like-minded, engineers and technical staff to join us in this important task. The Chief of Army summarised this last year when he recognised this by confirming that what we do is “ fundamental to assuring Army’s competitive capability edge into the future”.
Our Integrated Weapons and Sensor business is currently seeking an experienced Electronics and Optronics Engineering Manager to be based at our Orchard Hills site. This role will support the new soldier weapons and sensors digital product line. This exciting role will lead our electronics and optronics engineering teams and will take the lead in the development of the architecture of the electronics and optronics for these products. This is a great opportunity for 2021 which will provide you the opportunity to work with a wide range of cutting-edge technologies!
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and develop the electronics and optronics engineering teams
- Execution of the Engineering DDQS (Design, Develop & Qualify the Solution) activities for the Electronics and Optronics Sub-Systems.
- Liaise with the customer, suppliers and subcontractors
- Provision of technical advice to enable electronic equipment and/or systems to be correctly operated or maintained.
- Hold the delegation Design Authority for Electronics and Optronics products and sub-systems.
- Technical investigation into problems associated with electronic equipment and/or system malfunction, including failure analysis and solution development.
- Manage a team both internally and externally to plan, schedule and allocate the resources to meet the electronics and optronics engineering deliverables of the program.
How About You?
- Engineering degree qualification in ideally electrical, electronics, optronics engineering or physics
- Solid recent engineering experience in the hardware development for electronic related products and demonstrated ability to lead the design and implement complex electronic designs
- Experience in authoring/reviewing electronics systems drawings and technical documents
- Experience in development of electronics for one or more of the following: Power Management, Communications/ RF design, Location Tracking, Inertial Sensor and Optronics Technologies
- Experience in PCB design, circuit simulation and layout tools and medium/high speed digital design
- Demonstrated ability to take designs through to production.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communications skills.
- Eligibility to be chartered for CPEng or discipline equivalent.
- Any experience in the integration of sensors, optics, optronic and electronic components for weapons systems or other defence projects, or experience in development of mobile systems with demanding Size Weight and Power (SWaP) optimisation or combat electronic systems and electrical wiring design and construction principles and practices would be highly desirable
Good to Know
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
This position will have regular travel to our Lithgow and Rydalmere sites.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results