Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2014
- Netherlands Jobs 135
- United Kingdom Jobs 127
- Germany Jobs 96
- Australia Jobs 83
- United States Jobs 80
- Canada Jobs 71
- Singapore Jobs 66
- Romania Jobs 46
- India Jobs 30
- Poland Jobs 24
- Italy Jobs 21
- Belgium Jobs 17
- Spain Jobs 16
- Austria Jobs 14
- Portugal Jobs 13
- Denmark Jobs 13
- Czechia Jobs 11
- Mexico Jobs 11
- Colombia Jobs 9
- Thailand Jobs 7
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 6
- Morocco Jobs 5
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 4
- China Jobs 4
- Japan Jobs 4
- Israel Jobs 3
- Egypt Jobs 3
- Switzerland Jobs 3
- Brazil Jobs 3
- Finland Jobs 2
- Russia Jobs 2
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- Qatar Jobs 1
- Latvia Jobs 1
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Malaysia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Ivory Coast Jobs 1
- Norway Jobs 1
- Argentina Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 180
- Communications Jobs 16
- Customer Service Jobs 367
- Finance Jobs 57
- General Management Jobs 8
- Hardware Jobs 178
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 119
- Human Resources Jobs 33
- Industry Jobs 275
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 36
- Purchasing Jobs 47
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 55
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 872
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 105
- Systems Engineering Jobs 604
Verification & Validation Team Lead
Full time, Regular Employment
About ThalesThales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Air Traffic Management, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Our SiteOur Melbourne CBD site is home to over 500 employees working across our Air Traffic Management, Vehicles & Tactical Systems and E-Security businesses. A modern, new office with amazing views of the Yarra river, we are only a 5 minute walk from Southern Cross railway station and Tram stop. There are plenty of cafes and restaurants in and near the building and childcare facilities at Thales discounted prices. We have bike racks and shower facilities available and offer 10% off your yearly Myki card subscription.
The Verification & Validation (V&V) Manager role manages a team of V&V engineers, and ensures adequate resourcing is available to meet required workload and workflow across the project(s); has the ability to identify risks, and propose effective solutions, execute mitigation actions and report on outcomes / cost savings and residual risks.
- Ensure adequate resourcing to meet required workload and workflow across the projects/bids
- Perform objective setting and appraisals for staff within the team
- Provide feedback and report to management on team performance
- Managing and/or contributing to the verification of the impact of System Engineering
- Change Requests (ECR's) and defining and submitting on time and on budget, test procedures and associated scenarios to the SEM / PM, in order to verify and validate the system (off-line, simulator and on-line) in the context of Projects/Bids
- Managing and/or contributing to the verification and performance tests on time and on budget, during partial integration [Integrated Block Builds [IBB] testing]
- Managing and/or contributing to test validation on time and on budget, in cooperation with the customer representatives, during Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) at the program’s relevant site
- Managing and/or contributing to the tracking and validating the Problem Change
- Reports (PCR’s) corrective actions, in coordination with the other Engineering teams recording the test results and preparing the Problem Change Reports (PCR’s)
You hold the following skills and attributes:
- Engineering or Computer Science Degree or equivalent, or Air Traffic Control (ATC) systems experience
- Air Traffic Management domain knowledge [Operational Concept].
- Clear understanding of Verification & Validation processes [Traceability, Tests, Definition, Test Conduct, Requirements management].
- Experience in total life cycle of software development including processes and responsibilities at each stage in the cycle.
- Knowledge in Operating System [UNIX, Linux, Windows].
- Proven problem identification and analysis skills and system requirements analysis skills
The candidate will also need to successfully clear a pre-employment medical and police check.
Culture & Benefits at Thales
Thales can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We support our employees to develop professionally and succeed. We are a growing global organisation so hiring from within is our first priority, ensuring all our employees are given every opportunity to develop and build their career. We offer a variety of initiatives that support your wellbeing such as flexible work practices, salary sacrifice, novated leasing and purchased leave.
Thales is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results