Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2534
- United Kingdom Jobs 192
- Netherlands Jobs 138
- United States Jobs 119
- Germany Jobs 108
- Australia Jobs 105
- Canada Jobs 57
- Belgium Jobs 41
- Singapore Jobs 34
- Romania Jobs 26
- Italy Jobs 26
- India Jobs 18
- Poland Jobs 15
- Portugal Jobs 15
- Austria Jobs 12
- Denmark Jobs 10
- Spain Jobs 7
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 6
- Switzerland Jobs 6
- Brazil Jobs 5
- Qatar Jobs 4
- China Jobs 2
- Oman Jobs 1
- Egypt Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 233
- Communications Jobs 12
- Customer Service Jobs 373
- Finance Jobs 58
- General Management Jobs 8
- Hardware Jobs 282
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 164
- Human Resources Jobs 44
- Industry Jobs 344
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 26
- nCphr Jobs 12
- Purchasing Jobs 72
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 43
- Software – IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 997
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 107
- Systems Engineering Jobs 719
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 3
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
When you rely on airlines to connect you in flight, you rely on Thales. In an increasingly fast paced world, we make the unpredictable, predictable by connecting and entertain passengers to make your life better. Combining a diversity of talents, we master the decisive moments that matter to passengers and airlines. Whatever it takes.
We are currently looking for a Systems Architect to join Thales in Melbourne, FL. The Systems Architect is a subject matter expert that drives changes and implements solutions as a participant on a multi-disciplined team. The Systems Architect utilizes model based system engineering in defining, documenting, and reviewing the technical implementation of In Flight Entertainment (IFE) and connectivity system capabilities. This position drives consistently innovative IFE and connectivity solutions in project and product capacities. The ideal candidate has an extensive working knowledge of IFE systems, connectivity systems, and services. Strong architecture and systems engineering knowledge throughout the complete system life cycle is a prerequisite. They influence team members from multiple disciplines; especially Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, IVV, Product Management and Program Management. The Systems Architect employs the use of modelling of system level requirements.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to Project Design Authority (PDA) and Bid/Proposal teams to identify initial architectural direction, including:
- Developing technical documentation for Bid/Proposal and provide technical leadership to bid teams as needed.
- Defines the technical approach and guidance for estimation teams
- Identify areas of opportunity and risks/mitigation
- Drives processes for defining and documenting system and subsystem architectures including:
- New features and expanded technical capabilities
- Implements state of the art systems engineering approach to existing and new architectures
- Identifies and leads improvements and optimizations, and sets the standard for architecture maintenance activities
- Establishes and defines standard technologies throughout the end to end system/product
- Supports the PDA to establish and define proofs of concepts as needed
- Provide technical oversight to the implementation team based on defined architecture
- Developing technical documentation for and providing technical leadership to systems engineering and development teams as needed
- Identify areas of opportunity and risks/mitigation
Skills and Experience:
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree from four-year college or university and 8+ years of related experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in complete System & Software life-cycle(s) and capable of influencing team members from multiple disciplines, especially Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, IVV, Product Management and Program Management.
- Architecture Tools and Concepts (e.g. UML, Enterprise Architect, Rhapsody, etc)
- Architectural & Design Patterns & Frameworks
- Requirements Analysis and Documentation tools (e.g. DOORs, Jama, etc)
- Experience with design patterns
- Self-motivated, critical thinker with strong technical background
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with system, hardware & software development processes (e.g. ARP4754Rev A, DO-178C, DO-254, DO-160G etc).
- Familiar with ARINC standards applicable to IFE and Airborne Satcom systems
- Experience working with network systems and networking principles, data, voice, or video
- Experience working with network software and hardware, data, voice, or video
- Experience in the avionics industry
- Experience in the telecommunications industry
- Familiar with FAA requirements applicable to Satcom & avionic installations, such as Technical Standard Orders, Supplemental Type Certificates, FARs, and flight testing of satellite systems
- Familiar with industry requirements for airborne Satcom & avionic systems, such as ARINC, RTCA
Are you ready to be part a part of something big? If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you’re looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
< Go Back to results
For United States Candidates
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Please read Thales Equal Opportunity Policy Statement. Please read our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 1-844-504-7271 or email us at email@example.com.
Thales is an E-Verify employer - learn more here.