Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2332
- United Kingdom Jobs 166
- Netherlands Jobs 139
- Australia Jobs 74
- Germany Jobs 69
- Canada Jobs 58
- United States Jobs 47
- Singapore Jobs 36
- Italy Jobs 28
- Romania Jobs 25
- Belgium Jobs 25
- Poland Jobs 15
- Austria Jobs 14
- India Jobs 10
- Denmark Jobs 10
- Brazil Jobs 10
- Spain Jobs 8
- Portugal Jobs 5
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 3
- Switzerland Jobs 3
- Morocco Jobs 2
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 1
- Egypt Jobs 1
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Indonesia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Norway Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 167
- Communications Jobs 8
- Customer Service Jobs 302
- Finance Jobs 53
- General Management Jobs 2
- Hardware Jobs 264
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 122
- Human Resources Jobs 33
- Industry Jobs 314
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 25
- Purchasing Jobs 41
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 55
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 980
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 69
- Systems Engineering Jobs 650
Solution Architect / Product Design Authority
Full time, Regular Employment
About ThalesThales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Air Traffic Management, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Our SiteOur Melbourne CBD site is home to over 500 employees working across our Air Traffic Management, Vehicles & Tactical Systems and E-Security businesses. A modern, new office with amazing views of the Yarra river, we are only a 5 minute walk from Southern Cross railway station and Tram stop. There are plenty of cafes and restaurants in and near the building and childcare facilities at Thales discounted prices. We have bike racks and shower facilities available and offer 10% off your yearly Myki card subscription.
Thales ATM Australia delivers safety critical Air Traffic Management Systems to Air Navigation Service Providers globally. Our products are used by Air Traffic Controllers to provide safe and efficient aircraft operations in over 30 countries accounting for more than 1/3 of the global airspace.
As a leader of ATM System innovation and research into future capabilities to enable efficient airspace use and to assist Air Traffic Controllers in complex decision making we activate new technologies and the latest engineering process automation. Critical to the success of such innovations is the capability to deliver solutions which are end-to-end safety certified.
We are currently looking for a Solution Architect/Product Design Authority to join our team in our ATM business based in Melbourne.
This role is part of our Technical Directorate team and will coordinate and define engineering choices and solutions made in bids, programs and studies across our ATM business. The role will focus on solution architecture activities including proposing solution compliance. There are a broad range of other activities including ensuring the design of the solution satisfies our customer needs and that the design’s safety, security and human factors requirements are adhered to. There is a focus on risk qualification and quantification and mitigation actions.
- Engineering/computer science degree with a number of years of experience working in the ATM (Air Traffic Management) domain
- You have demonstrated success contributing to ATM system engineering solution definition and design choices. Perhaps you have developed specialist knowledge in one or several areas such as Flight Data, Surveillance, Datalink, HMI, networks, security, etc.
- Having held positions in systems engineering and/or software engineering or even integration on complex software-centric real-time systems, you are ready to take on a technical leadership role.
- Any experience justifying design for systems of systems is highly advantageous, and great communications skills are expected for peer, management and customer engagement.
- You have experience working in a large, complex and multi-national organisation
- You are resilient, have the capacity to learn quickly and you enjoy working as part of a busy team
- You also have the proven capability to manage various stakeholders who have different objectives, and you remain organised and focused on priorities when faced with pressure scenarios.
This is an exciting role which will see you challenged from day one and will have you tackling complex technical problems!
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results