Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2465
- United Kingdom Jobs 184
- Netherlands Jobs 146
- Germany Jobs 98
- Australia Jobs 81
- Canada Jobs 73
- Singapore Jobs 50
- United States Jobs 50
- Romania Jobs 41
- Italy Jobs 22
- Austria Jobs 18
- Poland Jobs 17
- Belgium Jobs 15
- Portugal Jobs 11
- India Jobs 9
- Denmark Jobs 9
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 7
- Spain Jobs 6
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 5
- China Jobs 3
- Thailand Jobs 2
- Morocco Jobs 2
- Switzerland Jobs 2
- Brazil Jobs 2
- Qatar Jobs 1
- Latvia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 226
- Communications Jobs 23
- Customer Service Jobs 422
- Finance Jobs 87
- General Management Jobs 4
- Hardware Jobs 221
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 157
- Human Resources Jobs 64
- Industry Jobs 319
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 29
- nCphr Jobs 12
- Purchasing Jobs 57
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 81
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 887
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 106
- Systems Engineering Jobs 638
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 1
Regional Category Buyer
Full time, Regular Employment
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
When you rely on airlines to connect you in flight, you rely on Thales. In an increasingly fast paced world, we make the unpredictable, predictable by connecting and entertain passengers to make your life better. Combining a diversity of talents, we master the decisive moments that matter to passengers and airlines. Whatever it takes.
We are currently looking for a Category Buyerto join the Thales team in Melbourne, FL.
The Regional Category Buyer supports one or several procurement categories for the entire region in which the operate. He/she works in close relation with the Product / Project Procurement organizations and the relevant stakeholders. He/she will have regular feed back with them, and their main tasks are as follows:
- Ensure regional needs are met and enforce standardization for procurement categories in close cooperation with B&P and Products Procurement organization if relevant.
- Monitor the market for their category, including key actors and suppliers, economic evolutions, innovations, technology, in order to propose the most up-to-date solutions to businesses
- Provide business with insights as to how products / projects could be more competitive, based on their monitoring
- Performance Management vis-a-vis entities / regions
- Guarantee the level of performance expected by the entities / regions (monitor performance, communicate on best practices, define SLA...)
- Propose and implement corrective actions in the case of a shortfall in performance
- Organize competitions, assess and select best suppliers for their category / commodity, in close collaboration with entities / regions and with regular feedback loops
- Negotiate contracts
- Supports the compliance of the purchase contracts with the laws, the Thales regulations and the customers requirements.
- Monitor and control performance of category's suppliers, based on data provided by Supplier Performance Managers
- Assess and manage suppliers risks
- Identify the suppliers who have to be developed and set up the improvement plan with the Supplier Performance Manager
- Lead P0 & P1 Projects (Up to $300k spend and Low to High Risk)
- Support P2 Projects (Greater than $300k spend and Low Risk)
- Support P3 Projects (Greater than $300k spend and Medium to High Risk)
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or 8 years of Procurement/Purchasing experience
- 5 years leading P0 & P1 sourcing projects up to $300k spend
- Have a good knowledge of the regional market for their commodity
- Knowledge of value analysis methods and commercial law, insurance and export control
- Understand the customer’s needs and program issues
- Know how to evaluate financial performance, risks and propose a mitigation plan
- Ability to travel internationally up to 15%
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
< Go Back to results
For United States Candidates
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Please read Thales Equal Opportunity Policy Statement. Please read our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 1-844-504-7271 or email us at email@example.com.
Thales is an E-Verify employer - learn more here.