Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1985
- Netherlands Jobs 135
- United Kingdom Jobs 123
- Germany Jobs 88
- Australia Jobs 83
- Canada Jobs 59
- Singapore Jobs 46
- Romania Jobs 42
- United States Jobs 41
- Italy Jobs 20
- Belgium Jobs 16
- Austria Jobs 14
- Poland Jobs 13
- Portugal Jobs 13
- Denmark Jobs 13
- Spain Jobs 7
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 5
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 4
- Egypt Jobs 3
- India Jobs 3
- China Jobs 3
- Morocco Jobs 3
- Mexico Jobs 3
- Switzerland Jobs 2
- Qatar Jobs 1
- Latvia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Brazil Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 180
- Communications Jobs 14
- Customer Service Jobs 362
- Finance Jobs 50
- General Management Jobs 5
- Hardware Jobs 178
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 118
- Human Resources Jobs 33
- Industry Jobs 266
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 35
- Purchasing Jobs 44
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 53
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 771
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 72
- Systems Engineering Jobs 547
Principle Software Engineer
Full time, Regular Employment
About ThalesThales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Air Traffic Management, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Our SiteOur Melbourne CBD site is home to over 500 employees working across our Air Traffic Management, Vehicles & Tactical Systems and E-Security businesses. A modern, new office with amazing views of the Yarra river, we are only a 5 minute walk from Southern Cross railway station and Tram stop. There are plenty of cafes and restaurants in and near the building and childcare facilities at Thales discounted prices. We have bike racks and shower facilities available and offer 10% off your yearly Myki card subscription.
This full time permanent Senior Software Engineer role is to be based in our human machine interfacing team to deliver the projects in Air Traffic Management domain. The main coding language is JAVA,
- To autonomously specify, design, code and unit test (STD) software components in accordance with ECRs assigned by the Team Lead to the required standard.
- To autonomously implement corrections arising from PCRs assigned by the Team Lead to the required standard.
- Expectations of quality and productivity of a high standard
- To be recognised within the team as experts for assigned software components supported by the team.
- Works on complex technical tasks
- To ensure both ECR and PCR tasks are completed following the relevant Project SDP and/or TRS..
- Prior to commencing ECR and PCR tasks to ensure that a clear schedule has been agreed with SwEM or SwWPM and Team Lead.
- When requested report on work in progress as stated by SwEM and Team Lead.
- To notify the Team Lead/SwWPM/SwEM immediately of any risks or significant issues that could affect the ability to meet scheduled dates and propose resolutions
- To provide support to the Solution Team (System Engineering, Integration and Verification & Validation teams) and other teams when requested.
- Responsible for CUT estimates for software ECPs and estimates for ECR Work Plan activities.
- Responsible for specification and technical document reviews such as Technical Workshops, ECR, Test procedure etc
- To initiate and participate in Design Workshops, DAR and RCA as required.
- To proactively recommend CSCI changes to improve efficiency, reliability, and stability and
You hold the following skills and attributes:
- Significant experience in SW development in a business environment (> 20 team members , Component >200K Line of Code, Java8, JavaFX)
- Experience in working with large scale systems or distributed systems
- Software design experience
- Experience across multiple SW components or teams
- Experience working on a customer environment
- Proven experience in SW estimation
- Understanding of configuration management tools and continuous build environment (Jira, Git/Bitbucket, Gradle, Jenkins, Artifactory)
The successful candidate needs to successfully clear a pre-employment medical and police check.
Culture & Benefits at Thales
Thales can offer you a variety of interesting and challenging work. We support our employees to develop professionally and succeed. We are a growing global organisation so hiring from within is our first priority, ensuring all our employees are given every opportunity to develop and build their career. We offer a variety of initiatives that support your wellbeing such as flexible work practices, salary sacrifice, novated leasing and purchased leave.
Thales is committed to providing an inclusive workplace where the very best talent in Australia chooses to work, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results