Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2536
- United Kingdom Jobs 198
- Netherlands Jobs 139
- United States Jobs 119
- Germany Jobs 112
- Australia Jobs 108
- Canada Jobs 62
- Belgium Jobs 40
- Singapore Jobs 37
- Romania Jobs 26
- Italy Jobs 26
- India Jobs 22
- Poland Jobs 15
- Portugal Jobs 15
- Austria Jobs 12
- Denmark Jobs 10
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 7
- Spain Jobs 7
- Switzerland Jobs 6
- Brazil Jobs 5
- Qatar Jobs 2
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 2
- China Jobs 2
- Oman Jobs 1
- Egypt Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 235
- Communications Jobs 13
- Customer Service Jobs 382
- Finance Jobs 62
- General Management Jobs 8
- Hardware Jobs 300
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 166
- Human Resources Jobs 44
- Industry Jobs 331
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 23
- nCphr Jobs 14
- Purchasing Jobs 69
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 41
- Software – IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 996
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 110
- Systems Engineering Jobs 730
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 2
Solution Product Line Manager
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
We are currently looking for a Solution Product Line Manager to join the Thales Avionics, a subsidiary of Thales USA team in Irvine, CA.
To be successful in the IFEC Business, strong Product Policy is of paramount importance:
- Go-to-Market requires good anticipation (development timeline, offer ability process induced delays) while the Market requires fast pace evolution, in-sync with the Consumer market technology and behaviors trends
- Highly Competitive Market requires re-use and differentiators
- Limited resources (funding, human) require arbitration in the development to be launched.
It is the responsibility of the Product Policy organization to properly address these requirements.
In this context, the Director of Product Line Solutions plays a key role by defining the strategy, the positioning, the road map of the end-to-end & market driven Solution(s) under his/her responsibility, as well as managing its complete Product Life Cycle and profitability.
- Responsible for the Solution Business Plan
- Responsible for the Solution strategy and roadmap (leveraging the BB/Value Chain inputs) – eg: selecting the tier to be used in the solution (STV might want a 2D map, AVANT might want a 3D map)
- Arbitrate priorities hence budget for the Solution within mandate defined by Product Family Manager
- Responsible for the overall solution Value Proposition
- Responsible for the bid strategy (solution selected at Product Family level) and customer facing during sales process
- Responsible for the Sales Collateral of the Solution (incl demo definition, etc.) with the support of the Value Chain / BB team and Marketing Team
- Responsible for the Solution Product Plan (consolidating the inputs from BB/Value Chain) and the Solution MCRD
- Assess Solution positioning / competitiveness against competitors
- Control and measure the Products Policy implementation and effectiveness, in particular the commitments of Product profitability on the Solution
- Manages Product Life Cycle from Market Studies to Solution Withdrawal
- Formally accept Solutions from Engineering teams ("PLM-FSAT")
- Manages relationship with Strategic Partners related to specific Services (Eg: IPTV)
- Marketing, Sales, Bid and CPM
- DA PL
- Other PLMs (Services, Value Chain and Platform/BB)
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in field with 12 years' experience or Master's degree in field with 8 years' experience, or equivalent experience.
- Experience shall include Products (versus Bespoke solutions) as well as Customer interface (such as Sales, Bids, Program execution, Marketing, etc) and Business and Marketing acumen (such as Sales, Bids, Marketing)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Individual must be ambitious and accountable, be able to perform through cooperation, engage and develop teams, manage self (high EQ), influence key stakeholders and shape solutions out of complexity.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
< Go Back to results
For United States Candidates
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Please read Thales Equal Opportunity Policy Statement. Please read our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 1-844-504-7271 or email us at email@example.com.
Thales is an E-Verify employer - learn more here.