Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1173
- Germany Jobs 161
- Netherlands Jobs 113
- United Kingdom Jobs 105
- Australia Jobs 76
- Canada Jobs 50
- United States Jobs 36
- Italy Jobs 35
- Romania Jobs 29
- Poland Jobs 28
- Belgium Jobs 28
- India Jobs 17
- Singapore Jobs 14
- Portugal Jobs 12
- Switzerland Jobs 11
- Austria Jobs 11
- Spain Jobs 10
- Czechia Jobs 9
- Mexico Jobs 9
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Brazil Jobs 7
- Sweden Jobs 4
- China Jobs 3
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 2
- Egypt Jobs 2
- Thailand Jobs 2
- Philippines Jobs 2
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- Israel Jobs 1
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
- Japan Jobs 1
- Russia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Morocco Jobs 1
- Norway Jobs 1
- Colombia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 84
- Communications Jobs 2
- Customer Service Jobs 129
- Finance Jobs 12
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 250
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 62
- Human Resources Jobs 18
- Industry Jobs 174
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 21
- Purchasing Jobs 12
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 15
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 719
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 74
- Systems Engineering Jobs 395
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 4
ATM Operational Specialist (Air Traffic Controller) 2 years Fixed Term Contract
Full time, Fixed Term / Temporary
About ThalesThales people architect solutions that are relied upon to deliver operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defensive systems for land, sea, and air. From early warning, to threat neutralisation, our platforms cover all levels from very short-range systems, to extended protection across the entire battle-space including Airspace Mobility Solutions, Vehicles and Tactical Systems and Missile Defence, Optronics, and Radar.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds. Talk to us about any support or accessibility requirements you may need and how we support flexibility in the workplace.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage a flexible work culture.
About Your Role
Australia has embarked on the most complex transformation of Air Traffic Management (ATM) in its aviation history, a once-in-a-generation opportunity to create a unified solution to Australia’s future ATM needs. The OneSky Australia Program is an unprecedented partnership between Thales, Airservices Australia and The Department of Defence to develop a new integrated civil and military air traffic management system.
The goal of the Operational Specialist is to have a continuous exposure to TopSky NG (ATM Software product) and continuously assess its operational maturity and fit for purpose. This activity will increase the maturity of TopSky NG through early review and evaluation of the solution, validation and assessment of capability as it is delivered; and execution of operational scenarios based on the Customers Operational Concepts
The involvement of Customer end-user and its operational representatives is key for the success of this activity. As well as participating in internal operational assessment, the Operational Specialist will participate in Thales lead Customer Assessment activities at various stages of TopSky NG development.
- Support and take direction from the Operational Lead
- Independently undertake both free and scripted validation testing
- Guide and lead customer representatives in validation testing
- Execute real life Operational Scenarios in a Simulator Environment
- Formulate tests from high level checklist of system capability
- Provide knowledge transfer to other members of the Continuous Maturity Team
- Capture and record issues detected during validation activities
- Report and highlight issues of usability and fitness for purpose
- Support the development of Operational Datasets by identifying relevant operational data and proposal of appropriate values
- Provide needs of the required platforms to support Continuous Maturity activities
How About You?
- Hold a Diploma of Aviation (Air Traffic Control), or equivalent and/or Air Traffic Control licence and Operational Rating.
- Air Traffic Management domain knowledge, Enroute and TMA.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Air Traffic Control in both high surveillance and low surveillance airspace.
- Have an in-depth knowledge Airservices’ Manual of Air Traffic Services (MATS)
- Understand and be able to navigate through The Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR) and Manuals of Standards (MOSs)
- Operational Rating for Enroute and/or Approach Services desirable
- ATC and/or Simulation product knowledge
- Knowledge of Air Traffic Management standards such as ICAO, Eurocontrol, AIDC
- Knowledge of the Customer Operational Requirements by referring to the Customer’s, Common Operational Concept Document (COCD) desirable
Good to Know
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results