Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1124
- Germany Jobs 174
- United Kingdom Jobs 106
- Netherlands Jobs 99
- Australia Jobs 82
- Romania Jobs 45
- Canada Jobs 39
- Belgium Jobs 32
- Italy Jobs 32
- Poland Jobs 30
- United States Jobs 26
- India Jobs 24
- Singapore Jobs 16
- Portugal Jobs 16
- Mexico Jobs 15
- Czechia Jobs 13
- Spain Jobs 10
- Austria Jobs 9
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Norway Jobs 5
- Brazil Jobs 5
- Israel Jobs 4
- Switzerland Jobs 4
- South Africa Jobs 3
- Japan Jobs 3
- Sweden Jobs 3
- Thailand Jobs 2
- China Jobs 2
- South Korea Jobs 2
- Denmark Jobs 2
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Philippines Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Colombia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 86
- Communications Jobs 2
- Customer Service Jobs 114
- Finance Jobs 18
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 227
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 39
- Human Resources Jobs 15
- Industry Jobs 149
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 16
- Purchasing Jobs 22
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 15
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 758
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 78
- Systems Engineering Jobs 400
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 5
R&D Hardware Engineer (Mechanical)
Full time, Regular Employment
About ThalesIn fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.
About Your Role
Thales has been supporting the Australian Defence Force with Small Arms for over 100 years and is now working to deliver them the Next Generation of Close Combat Family of Weapons integrated with other supporting soldier systems. We have built up a team passionate about developing products to equip soldiers with transformational capabilities for the challenges of the modern battlefield and we’re now looking for like-minded, engineers and technical staff to join us in this important task. The Chief of Army summarised this last year when he recognised this by confirming that what we do is “ fundamental to assuring Army’s competitive capability edge into the future”.
Our Integrated Weapons and Sensor business is currently seeking an experienced R&D Hardware Engineer (Mechanical) to be based at our Lithgow site. This role will focus on the development of hardware solutions for the next generation of weapon products we will be designing and manufacturing. There will be a focus on demonstrating the effectiveness and performance of the hardware aligned to our customer requirements and in line with design engineering. In addition, the hardware engineer will carry out trials to ensure the human factor and human interface of the system is optimised.
Responsibilities will include:
- Understand customer needs and through life cycle concerns for hardware solutions
- Formalise functional descriptions, hardware architectural designs and requirements
- Elaborate the specifications and engineering plans used to develop the solution/product.
- Assemble the solution/product elements to evaluate design, behaviour, interactions and performance to confirm the solution meets requirements
- Demonstrate that the hardware solutions satisfies overall operational needs and that the product data packages is ready for release to production and to operation and support.
- Undertaking electrical and mechanical engineering design, test, prototyping and product support activities
- Lead the build of prototype equipment designs, source parts/materials, assemble and test in accordance with engineering specifications.
- Down-selection of suitable components and materials to meet hardware requirements.
- The undertaking mechanical, environmental, thermal, shock & vibration testing and analysis of results as appropriate.
- The design and running of field trials to demonstrate the effectiveness and performance of weapon systems.
- The co-ordination of field trials, modelling and other activities to assess the human factors and human interface of the system are optimized.
How About You?
- Tertiary qualified in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Physics, Materials Science or Human Factors
- Experience and skills in authoring/reviewing technical documentation (engineering reports, test instructions, test reports)
- You are a team player with good written and verbal communication skills. You are self-motivated and have good planning skills.
- You must be able to work to tight deadlines and have a flexible attitude and be able to accommodate changing work priorities.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and stakeholder management skills.
- Any previous experience in soldier systems or weapons related systems would be highly desirable
- Any Human Factors experience would also be highly desirable
Good to Know
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
We will support the successful candidate with relocation to Lithgow!
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results