Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2605
- United Kingdom Jobs 193
- Netherlands Jobs 150
- Germany Jobs 140
- United States Jobs 103
- Australia Jobs 85
- Canada Jobs 66
- Belgium Jobs 37
- Singapore Jobs 31
- Romania Jobs 28
- Italy Jobs 23
- India Jobs 14
- Portugal Jobs 12
- Denmark Jobs 12
- Austria Jobs 12
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 10
- Spain Jobs 7
- Brazil Jobs 7
- Poland Jobs 5
- Switzerland Jobs 4
- Qatar Jobs 3
- China Jobs 3
- Egypt Jobs 2
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 223
- Communications Jobs 15
- Customer Service Jobs 378
- Finance Jobs 58
- General Management Jobs 9
- Hardware Jobs 291
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 207
- Human Resources Jobs 49
- Industry Jobs 337
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 22
- nCphr Jobs 5
- Purchasing Jobs 70
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 43
- Software – IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 1018
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 102
- Systems Engineering Jobs 730
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 8
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
TOGETHER WE MAKE THE BIG AMBITIONS OF TOMORROW HAPPEN TODAY
We are currently looking for a Material Handler to join the Thales Avionics, a subsidiary of Thales USA team in Irvine, CA.
The Material Handler performs physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing, and distribution of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Examines stocks, distributes materials to inventory, to manufacturing lines, and for fulfillment of customer demand. Unpacks and validates goods received against purchase orders or other invoices. Lifts heavy items and may operate a forklift. Prepares and maintains records of items shipped, records of received goods, and other transactional documentation. Posts weights, shipping charges, and prepares goods for final shipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives material
- Checks material against documentation for proper nomenclature, identification and quantity
- Sorts, counts and checks received goods, raw materials, finished or semi-finished parts and sub-assemblies
- Stores articles in proper location
- Pulls items, issues material, supplies, components and parts from stock
- Prepares stock kits for production departments
- Audits contents of kits and stock
- Initiates reorder when minimum quantities are reached
- Prepares shortage documentation
- Reviews status of shortages, back order files and inventory status reports
- Interfaces with other functional areas such as receiving inspection, production control and assembly departments in order to coordinate shortages or expedite stock problems
- Keeps stock in orderly arrangement
- Researches part numbers
- Maintains documents and files
- Utilizes small hand tools, scales and operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, skids, pallet handlers and hand trucks
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months customer service, warehousing or transportation logistics experience and/or training
APICS, CPM classes and/or certification desired. Experience with an ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, or Peoplesoft is a plus.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Thales champions inclusion and we believe diversity strengthens the fabric of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
< Go Back to results
For United States Candidates
Thales is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age or any other characteristic protected by law. Please read Thales Equal Opportunity Policy Statement. Please read our Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If you need an accommodation or assistance in order to apply for a position with Thales, please call Human Resources at 1-844-504-7271 or email us at email@example.com.
Thales is an E-Verify employer - learn more here.