Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2014
- Netherlands Jobs 135
- United Kingdom Jobs 127
- Germany Jobs 96
- Australia Jobs 83
- United States Jobs 80
- Canada Jobs 71
- Singapore Jobs 66
- Romania Jobs 46
- India Jobs 30
- Poland Jobs 24
- Italy Jobs 21
- Belgium Jobs 17
- Spain Jobs 16
- Austria Jobs 14
- Portugal Jobs 13
- Denmark Jobs 13
- Czechia Jobs 11
- Mexico Jobs 11
- Colombia Jobs 9
- Thailand Jobs 7
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 6
- Morocco Jobs 5
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 4
- China Jobs 4
- Japan Jobs 4
- Israel Jobs 3
- Egypt Jobs 3
- Switzerland Jobs 3
- Brazil Jobs 3
- Finland Jobs 2
- Russia Jobs 2
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- Qatar Jobs 1
- Latvia Jobs 1
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Malaysia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Ivory Coast Jobs 1
- Norway Jobs 1
- Argentina Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 180
- Communications Jobs 16
- Customer Service Jobs 367
- Finance Jobs 57
- General Management Jobs 8
- Hardware Jobs 178
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 119
- Human Resources Jobs 33
- Industry Jobs 275
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 36
- Purchasing Jobs 47
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 55
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 872
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 105
- Systems Engineering Jobs 604
System Engineer Trial Conductor
Full time, Regular Employment
With 80.000 talents working in 68 countries, we are one of the biggest high-tech employers in the field of safety and security. In the Netherlands, where 2000 employees are based, we are located in four cities: Huizen, Delft, Eindhoven and Hengelo (HQ). Together with an extensive ecosystem of knowledge partners, customers and suppliers, we work on radars for naval vessels, cyber security solutions, transportation systems, communication equipment for land forces, cryogenic cooling solutions and research & development for radar tech (in collaboration with TU Delft).
About the team
We support the Thales organization by
- Conducting scientific and technical studies.
- Supporting sales activities through the analysis of operational scenarios and preparing these analyses for customer consumption.
- Concept development for new and existing products.
- Algorithm development for new and existing products.
- Drawing up requirements for new product development.
- Validation of performance figures during sea trials.
To strengthen our Operational Analysis team we are in search for an:
About the job
As Trial Conductor you work internally at Thales Hengelo as well as in an international environment on naval ships. During the so-called sea acceptance trials on naval ships the fire control chains will be optimized and demonstrated against predefined acceptance criteria. These fire control chains consist of combinations of sensor-, command & control- and weapon systems.
The preparation work as Trial Conductor will mainly take place in Hengelo. You will be working as part of the Operational Analysis team. As Trial Conductor you are responsible for planning, procedures and tooling as well as for coordination and alignment between internal and external parties, including shipyards and navies. In this respect you are also supporting the establishment of the acceptance criteria together with the Operational Analysis team members and the project members.
You will conduct the sea trials. You will lead the test team and coordinate with other parties involved (captain, safety team, target controllers, etc). As Trial Conductor you are responsible for the progress and overcome issues and problems that may arise. During the trials you are the Thales face towards the customer. You will take care of successful acceptance of the fire control chains by the customer. You work closely together with the System Evaluation Engineer, who evaluates the performances and assists you by evaluating logged data in case of problems. In some cases the Trial Conductor and System Evaluation Engineer role may be a combined role for one person. As Trial Conductor you may also have to take the role as System Evaluation Engineer for some projects.
Next to project specific trials you will be responsible for improving the trial procedures and tooling. You will build your operational experience and use this within Thales to support the developments and improvements of fire control systems. You will use practical knowledge of the fire control chains to support improvements of, development and validation of fire control models and logic.
The Trial Conductor job requires high flexibility and stress resistance to cope with last-minute changing planning, peak workloads, prevailing working conditions, troubleshooting, deadlines, etc.
Typical duration of sea trials periods is 2 to 4 weeks. The number of trials in a year varies from year to year. You will need to specialize in a second role for times in between trials and no preparation work or tooling work is required. This second role is preferably a role within the Operational Analysis team.
Enthusiasm and pleasure in the work is essential. Within the team you will be supported to (further) develop the skills and acquire the domain knowledge.
- You work internally and externally
- You prepare and conduct sea trials
- You develop yourself in a second role next to the Trial Conductor role
- A relevant technical degree (HBO, WO)
- Strong personality
- Natural leader
- Stress resistant
- Communication skills and the ability to perform in multidisciplinary teams
- A high level of enthusiasm and flexibility
- Programming, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English and preferably Dutch
- Willingness to travel abroad for several consecutive weeks
It would be a plus if you are familiar with one or more of the following subjects/technologies:
- Distributed simulations
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
Would you like to apply directly? Then click on the button ‘Apply now’ to show your interest.
An assessment could possibly be part of the procedure.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results