Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2465
- United Kingdom Jobs 184
- Netherlands Jobs 146
- Germany Jobs 98
- Australia Jobs 81
- Canada Jobs 73
- Singapore Jobs 50
- United States Jobs 50
- Romania Jobs 41
- Italy Jobs 22
- Austria Jobs 18
- Poland Jobs 17
- Belgium Jobs 15
- Portugal Jobs 11
- India Jobs 9
- Denmark Jobs 9
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 7
- Spain Jobs 6
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 5
- China Jobs 3
- Thailand Jobs 2
- Morocco Jobs 2
- Switzerland Jobs 2
- Brazil Jobs 2
- Qatar Jobs 1
- Latvia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 226
- Communications Jobs 23
- Customer Service Jobs 422
- Finance Jobs 87
- General Management Jobs 4
- Hardware Jobs 221
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 157
- Human Resources Jobs 64
- Industry Jobs 319
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 29
- nCphr Jobs 12
- Purchasing Jobs 57
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 81
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 887
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 106
- Systems Engineering Jobs 638
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 1
Stage-/Afstudeeropdracht - HBO/WO - Technische Informatica, Software Engineering. Extend the web portal that interfaces with the virtual world
Full time, Internship / Placement
Stage-/Afstudeeropdracht - HBO/WO
Studierichting(en): Technische informatica/Software engineering
Field of study: Information technology /Software engineering
Titel van de opdracht: Uitbreiden van het web portal van de virtuele wereld.
Title of the assignment: Extend the web portal that interfaces with the virtual world
With 80.000 talents working in 68 countries, we are one of the biggest high-tech employers in the field of safety and security. In the Netherlands, where 2000 employees are based, we are located in four cities: Huizen, Delft, Eindhoven and Hengelo (HQ). Together with an extensive ecosystem of knowledge partners, customers and suppliers, we work on radars for naval vessels, cyber security solutions, transportation systems, communication equipment for land forces, cryogenic cooling solutions, research & development for radar tech (in collaboration with TU Delft).
The Assignment takes place in the engineering department, the engineering department is responsible for all engineering activities both on solution, system hardware and software level. The size of the engineering department is approx. 500 People.
About the assignment
The use of virtual reality (VR) for training simulation and collaboration is growing in the world. Ues of VR can lead to big cost savings for our customers. Thales investigates and develops a 3D virtual world application ( called Social Virtual Worlds) to be added to the product portfolio for training & collaboration. The VR Application we use is the open source application called OpenSim with its associated VR viewer. OpenSim is based on the well known VR SecondLife a product of Linden Labs. In the US
To support groups interaction using the VR we developed a web portal (OpenSim-CMS) with functionalities like uploading documents to be displayed in the VR and other functionality. The functionality of this portal need to be expanded and enhanced.
The work to be done is to
- Extend the management functions ( Account management) , create installation scripts
- Extend the conversion possibilities ( example add display of spread sheets).
- Enhance security of the IP rights of supplied documents to the portal
- Create overviews to be presented in the VR
- Enhance tools to create reports from meetings.
- Investigate use of applications ( private cloud ) to work together in the VR on documents.
- Convert the PHP code to Java Script
Implement and test the changes and enhancements.
Affinity and/or experience with: PHP, C, C++, Java, Java script. Web applications
- An interesting internship or graduation assignment in an international high tech environment
- An open and flexible working environment;
- An excellent internship allowance
- Its own student association where you can participate in educational and fun activities.
Direct solliciteren? Gebruik dan je eigen, persoonlijke profiel om jouw interesse aan ons kenbaar te maken en kies voor ‘Apply now’.
Would you like to apply directly? Then click on the button ‘Apply now’ to show your interest.
Please keep in mind that we can only consider students who are enrolled at a school or educational institution during the whole internship period for our internships and graduation assignments.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results