Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2336
- United Kingdom Jobs 169
- Netherlands Jobs 139
- Australia Jobs 74
- Germany Jobs 72
- Canada Jobs 58
- United States Jobs 46
- Singapore Jobs 35
- Italy Jobs 27
- Belgium Jobs 26
- Romania Jobs 25
- Austria Jobs 14
- Poland Jobs 13
- India Jobs 10
- Denmark Jobs 10
- Brazil Jobs 10
- Spain Jobs 8
- Portugal Jobs 5
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 3
- Switzerland Jobs 3
- Morocco Jobs 2
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 1
- Egypt Jobs 1
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Indonesia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Norway Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 169
- Communications Jobs 8
- Customer Service Jobs 294
- Finance Jobs 54
- General Management Jobs 4
- Hardware Jobs 273
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 123
- Human Resources Jobs 32
- Industry Jobs 310
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 24
- Purchasing Jobs 40
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 52
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 985
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 68
- Systems Engineering Jobs 655
Solution Engineering Manager
Full time, Regular Employment
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. In a world that is increasingly fast-moving, unpredictable and full of opportunities, they come to us with big ambitions: to make life better and to keep you safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our employees design and deliver extraordinary high-tech solutions. With 68.000 talents working in 54 countries, 2000 employees are based in the Netherlands. We are one of the biggest high-tech employers in the field of safety and security.
We help our customers think smarter and act faster in the fields of transportation, defence , space, aerospace and cyberspace, mastering ever-greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way. We are therefore leading the digital transformation, focusing on artificial intelligence, big-data & data analytics, connectivity, mobility and internet of things and cybersecurity.
In the Netherlands, we are located in four cities: Huizen, Delft, Eindhoven and Hengelo (HQ). Together with an extensive ecosystem of knowledge partners, customers and suppliers, we work on radars for naval vessels, cyber security solutions, transportation systems, communication equipment for land forces, cryogenic cooling solutions, research & development for radar tech (in collaboration with TU Delft) and research & development for serious gaming (in collaboration with the University of Twente).
Within Naval Engineering, the department Naval System Engineering accounts for the complete development cycle of products and solutions: concept definition, system design, system integration and validation. The group Solution Engineering which is part of the Naval System Engineering department consists of people responsible for the design of complete ship-based solutions (sensors, actors, combat management systems, infrastructure).
To strengthen our Solution Engineering activities we like to recruit for the function of:
Solution Engineering Manager
About the job:
We are looking for a motivated person to lead as a work package manager a part of our professional Solution Engineering team within a bigger program and act as a kind of development manager/coordinator for the entire program. You will manage the team in a motivating and inspiring way. With your experience and knowledge you are able to work closely with the team, yet on the other hand empowering them to “let them do their thing” without too much interference.
In this role you will report to the overall program manager and to the group manager Solution Engineering
- Clear sense of how to leverage your personality and experience to bring out the best in others and yourself.
- You will set the direction, provide energy and connect with your team
- Good interpersonal and customer handling skills with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical issue on a high level
- Program management skills (IPMA-C or D is a plus)
- Analytical and solution focused
- Has a relevant degree in one of the following subjects: electronic engineering, science, mathematics or science based subjects
- Experience in System Engineering
- High level of creativity, initiative, pragmatism and persuasiveness
- Affinity with project / products engineering
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Dutch (German is a plus)
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
Would you like to apply directly? Then click on the button ‘Apply now’ to show your interest.
An assessment could possibly be part of the procedure.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results