Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2646
- United Kingdom Jobs 185
- Germany Jobs 184
- United States Jobs 166
- Netherlands Jobs 140
- Canada Jobs 131
- Australia Jobs 127
- Italy Jobs 94
- India Jobs 70
- Belgium Jobs 51
- Singapore Jobs 50
- Romania Jobs 35
- Poland Jobs 33
- Spain Jobs 28
- Portugal Jobs 26
- Mexico Jobs 22
- Czechia Jobs 20
- Austria Jobs 18
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 16
- Brazil Jobs 12
- Denmark Jobs 11
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 10
- Philippines Jobs 10
- Japan Jobs 10
- Morocco Jobs 7
- Switzerland Jobs 7
- Colombia Jobs 7
- Sweden Jobs 6
- Egypt Jobs 5
- Thailand Jobs 5
- China Jobs 5
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 4
- New Zealand Jobs 4
- Israel Jobs 3
- Luxembourg Jobs 3
- Indonesia Jobs 2
- Taiwan Jobs 2
- Norway Jobs 2
- Oman Jobs 1
- Belarus Jobs 1
- Finland Jobs 1
- Malaysia Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
- Nigeria Jobs 1
- Argentina Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 257
- Communications Jobs 10
- Customer Service Jobs 323
- Finance Jobs 79
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 390
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 90
- Human Resources Jobs 37
- Industry Jobs 351
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 44
- PROCUREMENT Jobs 80
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 64
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 1514
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 171
- Systems Engineering Jobs 753
Senior Network Security Engineer
Regular Employment, Full time
About the team
Our Thales Netherlands IS/IT team works at the core of the Thales digital transformation. It is positioned between our IS/IT and business departments. With a team of 100+ colleagues we provide IS/IT support to our 2500 Dutch colleagues in several Business Lines and functions. We also work closely together with the international IS/IT departments of the Thales Group
Our mission? Providing secure access to Thales information in one click, while feeling proud together. As an innovative, high-tech organisation we fully embrace agile principles and strive for excellence by continuous improvement. We do not fear to fail, as long as we can learn from it!
About your future job
Your work as a Senior Network Security Engineer is quite varied. Every day starts with a team standup to discuss ongoing tasks and how to align these. Both within the department and the team you schedule your tasks according to Agile/Scrum working methods. This means that, throughout the week, you usually focus on the sprint work together with your coworkers. This includes securing, maintaining and further developing our IT Infrastructure. You're also responsible for the design, implementation and support of Identity & Access Management (IAM) concepts. (Such as Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), identity provider services (IdP), Single Sign On (SSO), Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) and Radius-technology.)
You ensure that required network security principles are implemented in business managed environments. You also contribute to and ensure that the vision and strategy for the products within your domain are aligned with the IS/IT department strategy. Translating business demands to tailored IS/IT solutions according to the expectations of the stakeholders is second nature to you, and you enjoy collaborating with other squads and departments to optimise results.
Why you'd be a good match
We are looking for a colleague who preferably has a (technical) bachelor or master degree, and at least 5 years relevant working experience. You feel strongly about securing IT infrastructures. Mastering new domains and techniques is something you enjoy, and you're already familiar with (or are willing to learn) setting up security/group policies, automation of recurring tasks, packaging, trouble-shooting, rolling out applications and other workspace management activities.
You're also familiar with Unix-based technologies (server and client) like RHEL, CentOS and Ubuntu and have experience within a complex enterprise IT environment. People often praise you for your communication skills (including in English) and open-minded way of adopting new styles of working. One of your goals is to continue to develop yourself, both on a personal and technical level. Plus, you have:
- Expert knowledge of networking and security
- Experience in creating high- and low-level designs
- Experience in developing a business case to support infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of Next Generation firewalls
- Knowledge of Network, VPN, WiFi and proxy technologies
- Knowledge of Network access control and monitoring
- Knowledge of Web Application Firewalls
- Experience with Enterprise Core switching: design, implementation and management
- Broad experience with other IT components
What's in it for you
- A challenging job in a great team within our high-tech, innovative work environment. Includes the freedom for initiative and good ideas.
- Room for personal and professional growth within our organisation, for example in regards to technical, commercial or international skills.
- Valuable international collaboration with coworkers from 68 different countries around the globe.
- A comfortable work space in a modern environment, with a focus on flexibility and the right work life balance.
- You can usually work where and whenever you want. Within Thales, we aim for a 60/40 balance, where you work from home at least two days a week, when your role allows this.
- A good salary, fitting travel allowance, and the ability to personalise your employment conditions: for instance, you can trade PTO for internet costs, our bicycle plan, company fitness and relocation costs.
- 40 days off per year (PTO). No, really.
Apply now! Click on the button below to upload your profile and show your interest.
To ensure that we are a good match, we can ask you to participate in an assessment.
We actively support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions. That means that equal opportunities, inclusion and an informal culture are integral to our success. It also means that your well-being and happiness matter to us! That’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, remote working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in The Netherlands and employment and/or education history. Some vacancies may require a security clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for security clearance please refer to the General Intelligence and Security Service.
< Go Back to results