Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1173
- Germany Jobs 161
- Netherlands Jobs 113
- United Kingdom Jobs 105
- Australia Jobs 76
- Canada Jobs 50
- United States Jobs 36
- Italy Jobs 35
- Romania Jobs 29
- Poland Jobs 28
- Belgium Jobs 28
- India Jobs 17
- Singapore Jobs 14
- Portugal Jobs 12
- Switzerland Jobs 11
- Austria Jobs 11
- Spain Jobs 10
- Czechia Jobs 9
- Mexico Jobs 9
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Brazil Jobs 7
- Sweden Jobs 4
- China Jobs 3
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 2
- Egypt Jobs 2
- Thailand Jobs 2
- Philippines Jobs 2
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- Israel Jobs 1
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
- Japan Jobs 1
- Russia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Morocco Jobs 1
- Norway Jobs 1
- Colombia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 84
- Communications Jobs 2
- Customer Service Jobs 129
- Finance Jobs 12
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 250
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 62
- Human Resources Jobs 18
- Industry Jobs 174
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 21
- Purchasing Jobs 12
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 15
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 719
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 74
- Systems Engineering Jobs 395
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 4
Product Owner - Software system engineer
Full time, Regular Employment
Within the Engineering cluster the Applications department is responsible for the development of combat and information management systems for navy ships, integration with sensor- and weapon systems as well as the development of sensor processing applications. These complex systems contain advanced solutions for information processing, information management and the user interaction with both sensor- and weapon systems. Our product offers essential support for missions varying from anti-piracy to ballistic missile defense.
About the job
As a Software System engineer you work together with a multidisciplinary Agile team. These teams develop and test the infrastructure platform for combat management systems, the radar systems and the optical sensor systems. Software system engineers often work in the role of product owner. The product owner is the linking pin between stakeholders, the product roadmap and the systems architecture. Activities include managing the backlog, translating customer requirements into product requirements and work packages, and demonstrating functionality/features to stakeholders.
Thales highly values the application of modern technologies and methodologies.
Do you have a passion for technology, do you enjoy constantly developing your skills and are you interested in working on Naval Command & Control systems? Then you are the person we are looking for.
- You are a strong and clear communicator capable of discussing with all types of stakeholders (customers, team, management).
- You hold a bachelor or master degree in computer science, electrical engineer, system engineering or comparable.
- You have got knowledge of IT infrastructure technology (networking, operating systems, cyber security)
- You are great in organization your work and that of others. You have an affinity with project management.
- You are able to separate main issues from details and you are able to take decisions with limited information.
- You have experience with Agile working.
Your colleagues are recognized experts in the field and will help you get up to speed and Thales will gladly invest in your development.
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
Would you like to apply directly? Then click on the button ‘Apply now’ to show your interest.
An assessment could possibly be part of the procedure.
According to the Security Screening Act (in Dutch: Wet veiligheidsonderzoeken) this role is designated a "position involving confidentiality" (in Dutch: vertrouwensfunctie). Therefore a Security Clearance, which takes the form of a ‘verklaring van geen bezwaar’, VGB (literally ‘a statement of no objection’ on national security grounds) is required for this role. Please take into account that applicants must be eligible to obtain and maintain the level of clearance as set out by AIVD. To learn more about clearances please visit – https://english.aivd.nl/topics/security-screening/the-security-screening
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results