Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2605
- United Kingdom Jobs 193
- Netherlands Jobs 150
- Germany Jobs 140
- United States Jobs 103
- Australia Jobs 85
- Canada Jobs 66
- Belgium Jobs 37
- Singapore Jobs 31
- Romania Jobs 28
- Italy Jobs 23
- India Jobs 14
- Portugal Jobs 12
- Denmark Jobs 12
- Austria Jobs 12
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 10
- Spain Jobs 7
- Brazil Jobs 7
- Poland Jobs 5
- Switzerland Jobs 4
- Qatar Jobs 3
- China Jobs 3
- Egypt Jobs 2
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 223
- Communications Jobs 15
- Customer Service Jobs 378
- Finance Jobs 58
- General Management Jobs 9
- Hardware Jobs 291
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 207
- Human Resources Jobs 49
- Industry Jobs 337
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 22
- nCphr Jobs 5
- Purchasing Jobs 70
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 43
- Software – IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 1018
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 102
- Systems Engineering Jobs 730
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 8
Product Life Cycle Engineer – Service Logistics
Full time, Regular Employment
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. In a world that is increasingly fast-moving, unpredictable and full of opportunities, they come to us with big ambitions: to make life better and to keep you safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our employees design and deliver extraordinary high-tech solutions. With 68.000 talents working in 54 countries, 2000 employees are based in the Netherlands. We are one of the biggest high-tech employers in the field of safety and security.
We help our customers think smarter and act faster in the fields of transportation, defence , space, aerospace and cyberspace, mastering ever-greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way. We are therefore leading the digital transformation, focusing on artificial intelligence, big-data & data analytics, connectivity, mobility and internet of things and cybersecurity.
In the Netherlands, we are located in four cities: Huizen, Delft, Eindhoven and Hengelo (HQ). Together with an extensive ecosystem of knowledge partners, customers and suppliers, we work on radars for naval vessels, cyber security solutions, transportation systems, communication equipment for land forces, cryogenic cooling solutions, research & development for radar tech (in collaboration with TU Delft) and research & development for serious gaming (in collaboration with the University of Twente).
About the team
At our headquarters in Hengelo the Naval System Engineering department is responsible for the entire development cycle of our radar products, services and solutions, consisting of concept definition, system design, system integration and validation. In this department the Supportability Engineering group, consisting of 30 domain experts, is responsible for the definition, development and realization of support solutions of the Thales Nederland Naval radar systems. Their goal is to design maximal system availability against optimal life-cycle costs for the customer.
To strengthen our activities, we are looking for a
Product Life Cycle Engineer – Service Logistics
About the job
As a Product Life Cycle Engineer you are involved in the service-logistics aspects of the systems that are developed at Thales Naval in Hengelo. You have an important role during the complete life-cycle of the system ensuring effective support to new and existing systems; from influencing the system design in its initial state, through sustaining supportability characteristics during In-Service phase until system decommissioning.
You will collaborate with product development and project teams where radars, electro-optical systems and combat management systems are developed. Your activities consist of:
- Analysing, developing and proposing cost and effort efficient maintenance solutions by means of several support analyses (LSA) in order to achieve the maximum availability of the customers’ assets;
- Determining repair and maintenance requirements, identify maintenance significant items and deciding required maintenance activities and resources;
- Supporting the project manager in delivering the developed solution in bid and execution phase and in tailoring it to the end user specifications. To do so, you will also have meetings with customers, prime contractors and subcontractors on the proposed support concepts.
- Perform cost calculations to support the formulation of proposals for the offered solution. To realise this, you master several statistical and mathematical tools.
As a Product Life Cycle Engineer you can specialize in the same area of expertize or follow a growth path to other service engineering functions at Thales. Broaden yourself in the area where your interests are. In your job you will work together with colleagues of various departments, therefore you can identify your own opportunities to develop yourself.
- A graduate or finished Bachelor or Master degree in the field of Industrial Engineering and Management, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar;
- Strong communicative skills with a high degree on initiative, creativity, pragmatism and persuasiveness;
- Interested in system engineering and supportability engineering principles and analysis with a wide variety of complex technical products;
- Affinity with mathematical and statistical tooling;
- Working knowledge of Military Standards (MIL-STD-1388 and DEF STAN 00-60) is a plus;
- Fluent in English, German is a plus.
- You like working in a new and challenging environment and contributing to the further development of our team.
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
Would you like to apply directly? Then click on the button ‘Apply now’ to show your interest.
An assessment could possibly be part of the procedure.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results