Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2503
- United Kingdom Jobs 193
- Netherlands Jobs 147
- Germany Jobs 104
- Canada Jobs 84
- Australia Jobs 82
- United States Jobs 81
- Singapore Jobs 58
- Romania Jobs 48
- Poland Jobs 29
- Italy Jobs 26
- India Jobs 24
- Austria Jobs 18
- Spain Jobs 15
- Belgium Jobs 15
- Denmark Jobs 12
- Portugal Jobs 11
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 9
- Czechia Jobs 8
- Thailand Jobs 7
- Finland Jobs 6
- Japan Jobs 6
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 5
- Colombia Jobs 5
- Switzerland Jobs 4
- China Jobs 3
- Brazil Jobs 3
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 2
- Morocco Jobs 2
- Qatar Jobs 1
- Israel Jobs 1
- Latvia Jobs 1
- Indonesia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Sweden Jobs 1
- Norway Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 226
- Communications Jobs 26
- Customer Service Jobs 425
- Finance Jobs 93
- General Management Jobs 8
- Hardware Jobs 221
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 159
- Human Resources Jobs 65
- Industry Jobs 335
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 30
- nCphr Jobs 12
- Purchasing Jobs 57
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 82
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 976
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 140
- Systems Engineering Jobs 674
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 1
System Evaluation Engineer
Full time, Regular Employment
With 80.000 talents working in 68 countries, we are one of the biggest high-tech employers in the field of safety and security. In the Netherlands, where 2000 employees are based, we are located in four cities: Huizen, Delft, Eindhoven and Hengelo (HQ). Together with an extensive ecosystem of knowledge partners, customers and suppliers, we work on radars for naval vessels, cyber security solutions, transportation systems, communication equipment for land forces, cryogenic cooling solutions and research & development for radar tech (in collaboration with TU Delft).
About the team
We support the Thales organization by
- Conducting scientific and technical studies.
- Supporting sales activities through the analysis of operational scenarios and preparing these analyses for customer consumption.
- Concept development for new and existing products.
- Algorithm development for new and existing products.
- Drawing up requirements for new product development.
- Validation of performance figures during sea trials.
To strengthen our Operational Analysis team we are in search for an:
System Evaluation Engineer
About the job
As an Evaluator you work internally at Thales Hengelo as well as in an international environment on naval ships. During the so-called sea acceptance trials the fire control chains will be optimized and demonstrated against predefined acceptance criteria. These fire control chains consist of combinations of sensor-, command & control- and weapon systems.
Your primary task is to evaluate trial data during the sea trials and lead developments for the associated current and future evaluation tooling.
During trials you will be part of the onboard team. You will work closely together with the trial conductor who is leading the onboard test team. You will evaluate the performances of the systems involved in the trials and prepare acceptance reports of the sea trials. As Evaluator you will contribute by evaluating logged data in case of problems.
The preparation work as Evaluator will be performed in Hengelo. You will be working as part of the Operational Analysis team. You will provide inputs to and review plans and procedures. In this respect you are also supporting the establishment of the acceptance criteria together with the Operational Analysis team members and the project members. As such you will also use your practical knowledge of the fire control chains to support improvements of development and validation of fire control models and logic. You will define and implement project specific tooling adaptations and/or extensions.
Next to project specific, trials you will contribute to improve the tooling used and support this tooling for usage by other departments. You will assist in evaluation of field trial data and troubleshooting as obtained from various products and projects.
The Evaluator job requires high flexibility and stress resistance to cope with last-minute changing planning, peak workloads, prevailing working conditions, troubleshooting, deadlines, etc.
Typical duration of sea trials periods is 2 to 4 weeks. The number of trials in a year varies from year to year. You will need to specialize in a second role for times in between trials and no preparation work or tooling work is required. This second role is preferably a role within the Operational Analysis team.
Enthusiasm and pleasure in the work is essential. Within the team you will be supported to (further) develop the skills and acquire the domain knowledge.
- You work internally and externally
- You evaluate trial data
- You support troubleshooting
- You are responsible for evaluation tooling
- You develop yourself in a second role next to the Evaluator role
- A relevant technical degree (HBO, WO)
- Communication skills and the ability to perform in multidisciplinary teams
- A high level of enthusiasm and flexibility
- Programming, analytical and troubleshouting skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English and preferably Dutch
- Willingness to travel abroad
It would be a plus if you are familiar with one or more of the following subjects/technologies:
- Distributed simulations
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
Would you like to apply directly? Then click on the button ‘Apply now’ to show your interest.
An assessment could possibly be part of the procedure.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results