Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2074
- Germany Jobs 192
- United Kingdom Jobs 169
- United States Jobs 151
- Australia Jobs 133
- Canada Jobs 132
- Netherlands Jobs 127
- Italy Jobs 94
- India Jobs 65
- Belgium Jobs 49
- Romania Jobs 44
- Singapore Jobs 43
- Portugal Jobs 35
- Spain Jobs 28
- Poland Jobs 25
- Mexico Jobs 24
- Czechia Jobs 22
- Austria Jobs 17
- Brazil Jobs 15
- Philippines Jobs 10
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 10
- Denmark Jobs 10
- Switzerland Jobs 10
- Japan Jobs 9
- Morocco Jobs 7
- Colombia Jobs 7
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 6
- Thailand Jobs 5
- Israel Jobs 4
- Egypt Jobs 4
- Finland Jobs 4
- Sweden Jobs 4
- Luxembourg Jobs 4
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- Indonesia Jobs 3
- China Jobs 3
- South Korea Jobs 2
- Oman Jobs 1
- Belarus Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Russia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Ivory Coast Jobs 1
- Norway Jobs 1
- Argentina Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 234
- Communications Jobs 7
- Customer Service Jobs 287
- Finance Jobs 58
- General Management Jobs 2
- Hardware Jobs 278
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 81
- Human Resources Jobs 28
- Industry Jobs 286
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 34
- PROCUREMENT Jobs 72
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 56
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 1282
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 166
- Systems Engineering Jobs 681
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 1
Senior Project Manager
Regular Employment, Full time
Senior Project Manager
Based Glasgow (this role can be based anywhere in the UK with occasional travel to Glasgow)
Would you like to work for a world-renowned department that research, develop and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better and keep us safer? Do you want to be part of a team of specialists that are designing solutions that make tomorrow possible, today? Then look no further… )
What the role has to offer:
- Opportunity to lead a new large defence project and shape the delivery for the programme from the beginning
- Opportunity to work in an exciting, dynamic and fast moving environment
We have a great opportunity in Thales Optronics and Missile Electronic (OME), a part of Thales Land and Air Systems for a Senior Project Manager to join the team.
You will be responsible for a new high profile, major land project for the MOD where you will be leading the team and the programme. You will liaise across the project to ensure best practice and that the project management capability strengths and weaknesses are identified and managed. You will also be providing coaching and direct support to less experienced project managers.
The successful candidate will need full Security Clearance (SC) -For more information and guidance please visit the UKSV website*
- You will have significant experience of successfully managing complex high value projects in a complex, multidisciplinary, multi-site organisation and ensuring rigour to change control, commercial awareness and stakeholder management at senior level.
- The ability to lead project teams (including the coaching of project managers).
- The ability to adapt personal style of management and communication to achieve the desired results from interactions with team members and stakeholders.
- Full business lifecycle management, including capture, qualification, developing capture plans, and winning strategies.
- Evidence of the ability to provide coaching and development for less-experienced project managers
- Comprehensive understanding of generic processes and techniques used to schedule project activities (for example; WBS, OBS, milestones, dependencies , EVM).
- Comprehensive experience and understanding of the Project Management process (including Change Control, Risk Management and Information Management).
- Comprehensive experience and knowledge of the project life cycle for complex projects through delivery of Development, Implementation, Closure and Support activity.
What We Can Offer
We’re committed to giving you opportunities to be your best. We believe in embracing the passion and potential of our people, and to achieve this we offer market leading training, development and experiences, along with the opportunity to be mentored and coached by some of the smartest minds in the industry. We hire from within as our first priority, so you’ll have a myriad of opportunities within our diverse, global organisation.
The future is full of excitement and change ; each new change and technology will create situations no one has had to deal with before or even anticipated and it will happen at an even faster pace than today.
Our 3 priorities throughout the crisis remain constant:
- To continue to protect all our employees’ health and financial wellbeing.
- To safeguard the business and continue to deliver for our customers as best we can.
- And, to ensure that Thales is best placed to recover quickly.
Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
If you are interested in this role, we would encourage you to have informal chat with the Talent Acquisition Partner.
Thales is an equal opportunities employer and diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of Thales.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results