Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2715
- United Kingdom Jobs 202
- Netherlands Jobs 133
- Germany Jobs 99
- Australia Jobs 98
- United States Jobs 96
- Canada Jobs 89
- Singapore Jobs 43
- Belgium Jobs 36
- Romania Jobs 24
- Italy Jobs 24
- Portugal Jobs 19
- India Jobs 14
- Austria Jobs 11
- Poland Jobs 10
- Denmark Jobs 7
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 6
- Spain Jobs 6
- Brazil Jobs 5
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 4
- Qatar Jobs 3
- Switzerland Jobs 3
- Bahrain Jobs 2
- Egypt Jobs 2
- Malaysia Jobs 1
- China Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 222
- Communications Jobs 16
- Customer Service Jobs 399
- Finance Jobs 88
- General Management Jobs 5
- Hardware Jobs 287
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 183
- Human Resources Jobs 65
- Industry Jobs 407
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 23
- nCphr Jobs 14
- Purchasing Jobs 78
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 58
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 1008
- Software – IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 1008
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 122
- Systems Engineering Jobs 692
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 1
Advanced Development Engineer
Full time, Regular Employment
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. In a world that is increasingly fast-moving, unpredictable and full of opportunities, they come to us with big ambitions: to make life better and to keep you safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our employees design and deliver extraordinary high-tech solutions. With 68.000 talents working in 54 countries, 2000 employees are based in the Netherlands. We are one of the biggest high-tech employers in the field of safety and security.
We help our customers think smarter and act faster in the fields of transportation, defence , space, aerospace and cyberspace, mastering ever-greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way. We are therefore leading the digital transformation, focusing on artificial intelligence, big-data & data analytics, connectivity, mobility and internet of things and cybersecurity.
In the Netherlands, we are located in four cities: Huizen, Delft, Eindhoven and Hengelo (HQ). Together with an extensive ecosystem of knowledge partners, customers and suppliers, we develop radar systems and do research and development in collaboration with Platform Nederland Radarland (Defense, TNO, Thales Nederland and TU Delft) and the Dutch Radar Centre of Expertise (D-RACE), a strategic alliance between Thales Nederland and TNO. We also develop combat management systems, cyber security solutions, transportation systems, communication equipment for land forces, cryogenic cooling solutions and perform research & development for serious gaming (in collaboration with the University of Twente).
About the team
The Business Line Sensors designs radar systems and other sensors, usually acting as part of a complete, integrated defence system. The department Advanced Development/Advanced Studies Delft is at the beginning of a continuous innovation chain. The most important tasks and responsibilities of the department are applied research, feasibility studies, system concept design and engineering of new radar technologies and demonstrators of those technologies. The department is a young, open and creative environment with a lot of freedom for defining one’s own activities and room for personal development. For our department in Delft we are looking for enthusiastic and driven
Advanced Development Engineers
About the job
- The activities consist of modelling and simulation, preparing and executing measurements, and concept analysis and demonstrations.
- The Advanced Development Engineer has a broad technical interest and is a practically oriented person that is able to set up and perform demonstrations of new concepts, organising support from others where and when needed.
- The Advanced Development Engineer can support experts for the execution of simulations and he/she is able to implement improvements in the software.
- The activities can be done in close cooperation with both national and international partners
Typical activities can be:
- Concept studies and simulations on radar or other sensors
- Execution of simulations using specialised tools and implementation of changes to these tools
- Design and implementation of prototypes and demonstrators
- Execution of experiments on prototypes and concept demonstrators
- Engineering activities
- Guidance of interns and graduates.
- Recent graduation at HBO/WO in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics or Informatics, or similar
- Ambition to grow in technical knowledge and expertise
- Broad affinity with technology: interested in both hardware and software
- Pragmatic, result-oriented, ‘we can do it’ approach
- Practical skills with hard and/or software
- Interpersonal skills, good communicator, a team player
- Fluent in English, both verbal and in writing
- Knowledge of Matlab and/or C(++) is a big plus.
- Experience with Deep Learning techniques is a big plus.
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
Would you like to apply directly? Then click on the button ‘Apply now’ to show your interest.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results