Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1133
- Germany Jobs 152
- Netherlands Jobs 117
- United Kingdom Jobs 99
- Australia Jobs 83
- Canada Jobs 50
- Italy Jobs 36
- United States Jobs 34
- Romania Jobs 32
- Belgium Jobs 30
- Poland Jobs 29
- India Jobs 22
- Singapore Jobs 13
- Portugal Jobs 12
- Austria Jobs 12
- Switzerland Jobs 11
- Spain Jobs 10
- Mexico Jobs 9
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Czechia Jobs 8
- Brazil Jobs 8
- Sweden Jobs 4
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- China Jobs 3
- Egypt Jobs 2
- Thailand Jobs 2
- Philippines Jobs 2
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- Israel Jobs 1
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
- Japan Jobs 1
- Russia Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Morocco Jobs 1
- Denmark Jobs 1
- Colombia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 89
- Communications Jobs 3
- Customer Service Jobs 123
- Finance Jobs 11
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 244
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 61
- Human Resources Jobs 13
- Industry Jobs 176
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 19
- Purchasing Jobs 14
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 17
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 700
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 71
- Systems Engineering Jobs 393
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 3
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Thales is seeking to recruit Systems Engineers who can bring with them domain knowledge and experience of integrating applications into the combat systems and infrastructure on board the Royal Navy fleet.
The Systems Engineer (C2 & CMS Integration) is a key role that will be involved in the design, development, integration and acceptance of an exciting new programme for the UK MOD. The successful candidate will work as part of the Systems Engineering team to ensure the requirements, architecture, functionality and interfaces (between an Electronic Warfare sensor system, the related Command & Control application, and the existing ship infrastructure) are well defined and managed throughout the lifecycle. The successful candidate will be able to operate at the heart of a collaborative team that includes Thales and an industry partner.
The role provides an exciting opportunity for career progression with the Thales UK Defence Mission Systems business as part of the Above Water Systems UK and/or Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance UK domain teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide Systems Engineering capability to the management, analysis and decomposition of the system level requirements affecting the major sub-systems of the solution.
- Develop and maintain a System Model to enable the management and control of the system level architecture, the associated interfaces and hence the overall performance of end-to-end system characteristics.
- Define the detailed functional behaviour of the system elements;
- Create a common understanding within the wider team on the design in relation to the common aspects of the sub-system requirements and design, including.
- Work in close collaboration with colleague system architects and system engineers.
- Solve technical issues that arise during the development, testing and integration of the system.
- Apply Model based System Engineering (MBSE) in the system architecture & design phases.
- Produce design documentation that captures the system design.
- Support the Systems Engineering Manager to achieve On-Time-In-Full delivery of the project.
What are we looking for in you?
- Demonstrable domain knowledge of Royal Navy Command & Control solutions, Combat Management Systems and the associated infrastructure across the Royal Navy fleet.
- Demonstrable Systems Engineering competence in the development and integration of new capability into those extant systems.
- The ability to understand complex requirements and decompose requirements and performance credibly into sub-systems.
- The ability to support integration, testing and acceptance with a sound understanding of the system design and interactions to aid resolution of integration issues.
- A structured and organised approach to their work.
- Early identification and anticipation of risks
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment whilst maintaining strong awareness of the commercial constructs.
- Managing technical and engineering change across internal stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and team behaviours, customer focussed and innovative.
- BEng with honours in an Engineering or related Discipline (or equivalent experience), CEng is desirable.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results