Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1102
- Germany Jobs 172
- United Kingdom Jobs 120
- Netherlands Jobs 105
- Australia Jobs 95
- Canada Jobs 61
- Romania Jobs 60
- United States Jobs 50
- Italy Jobs 39
- Belgium Jobs 37
- India Jobs 31
- Poland Jobs 24
- Singapore Jobs 22
- Spain Jobs 22
- Czechia Jobs 22
- Austria Jobs 11
- Portugal Jobs 10
- China Jobs 9
- Mexico Jobs 9
- Denmark Jobs 8
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 7
- Brazil Jobs 7
- Switzerland Jobs 6
- Norway Jobs 5
- Thailand Jobs 4
- Philippines Jobs 4
- Japan Jobs 3
- Colombia Jobs 3
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 2
- Israel Jobs 2
- Argentina Jobs 2
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 1
- Egypt Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Sweden Jobs 1
- Chile Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 93
- Communications Jobs 8
- Customer Service Jobs 151
- Finance Jobs 26
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 182
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 45
- Human Resources Jobs 31
- Industry Jobs 174
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 16
- PROCUREMENT Jobs 24
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 18
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 792
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 91
- Systems Engineering Jobs 408
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 5
IT Infrastructure engineer
Regular Employment, Full time
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
We are currently recruiting for a VMware focused subject matter expert to work within the in-house IT Infrastructure team. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to make their mark and play a key role within the Thales infrastructure organisation. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for the virtual desktop and Workspace ONE platforms and will require excellent all round technical knowledge with a keen interest in VMware. This role will be working within a team of likeminded IT employees in a fast changing technology dense environment. You will be given opportunities to develop and grow within the company as well as mentor and help junior team members. There will also be the opportunity to use your technical skills within the wider organisation and participate in project related activities.
- Responsible for the evolution and development of the Thales virtual desktop infrastructure; Tasked with delivering reliable, available, secure IT Infrastructure and services that meet Thales’s changing business needs.
- Diagnose, isolate, resolve, remediate and recover from service incidents relating to the network, data centres, servers and storage infrastructure services.
- Maintain and support the physical/virtual servers, services and software configuration standards; Monitor and report on capacity and utilisation.
- Research and review upcoming software releases and grow existing vendor relationships to produce lifecycle/evolution roadmaps against Thales infrastructure platforms
- Collaborate with the wider organisation to utilise subject matter level expertise to enhance and accelerate the development and support of core platforms.
- Highlight technical capability gaps and work with infrastructure management to develop and deliver training plans.
- Work with service operation leads to commission new services and retire old services and ensure representation when new services are delivered. Accountable for running services in a professional manner to provide a secure, cost effective service ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Author, document, review, maintain and participate in the development of technical support processes and procedures.
- Report issues on data protection, backup process, data restoration, product lifecycle, system, software compatibility and work with technical infrastructure specialists to plan route to resolution.
- On occasion responding to incidents and requests against agreed SLA’s on EUC services and all tasks associated with running and maintaining the service
- Demonstrated high level of knowledge for all common Microsoft server and desktop platforms and have proven experience.
- Experience of supporting SME/Enterprise level infrastructures.
- Experience work with VMware desktop virtualisation technologies– Horizon View, App Volumes, Dynamic environment manager
- Proven knowledge and experience in the update and management virtual master images.
- Experience working within a large enterprise level VMware estate.
- Experience installing and supporting VMware Workspace One UEM for mobile devices
- In depth knowledge of Active Directory, Group policy, DNS, Domain Controllers
- VCP/Microsoft certifications or equivalent experience required
- Experience of monitoring infrastructure and network health, performance, utilisation, and capacity to help identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Hands-on experience of managing Linux servers (Red Hat and CentOS) within corporate environments.
- Knowledge of security best practices aligned to a recognised cyber-security standard such as Cyber-Essentials PLUS, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS or Gov.UK PSN CoCo.
- Experience of using and writing PowerShell script.
- WAN/LAN Networking experience within a multivendor environment.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results