Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2260
- Netherlands Jobs 155
- United Kingdom Jobs 144
- Germany Jobs 92
- Canada Jobs 82
- United States Jobs 75
- Australia Jobs 74
- Singapore Jobs 64
- Romania Jobs 34
- Italy Jobs 23
- Poland Jobs 20
- Austria Jobs 18
- India Jobs 16
- Belgium Jobs 16
- Spain Jobs 14
- Portugal Jobs 12
- Czechia Jobs 12
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 10
- Thailand Jobs 9
- Denmark Jobs 9
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 6
- Japan Jobs 6
- Colombia Jobs 5
- Mexico Jobs 4
- China Jobs 3
- Switzerland Jobs 3
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 2
- Israel Jobs 2
- Finland Jobs 2
- Morocco Jobs 2
- Egypt Jobs 1
- Latvia Jobs 1
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Indonesia Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Sweden Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 202
- Communications Jobs 21
- Customer Service Jobs 389
- Finance Jobs 70
- General Management Jobs 9
- Hardware Jobs 194
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 143
- Human Resources Jobs 49
- Industry Jobs 301
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 31
- nCphr Jobs 7
- Purchasing Jobs 51
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 65
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 877
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 120
- Systems Engineering Jobs 659
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 1
Project Governance Manager
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
The Thales UK Bid & Project Management vision:
“Accountable professionals leading the successful delivery of bids and projects to all our customers”
Primary Purpose of the Role:
This role will be a key part of the BPMO within AVS. The principle purpose of the role is to provide the over-arching functional support to the Project Management team across a Country Business Unit (CBU) within Thales UK as the Local Process Correspondent. The role is required to ensure that best practice is applied to project management with regard to the use and development of people, processes and tools.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- The Manager and local point of contact (LPC) of the Thales Chorus 2.0 - 5.2 Manage Project process.
- Responsible for ensuring full compliance and governance at all times.
- To continuously strive to identify and implement positive change to the Project Management Processes and Tools.
- Be accountable for the dissemination and development of BPMO governance in line with Group and Country specifications.
- Adhere to the terms of reference for the Local Process Correspondent
- Work with the UK Bid and Project Management Team and the AVS business to ensure the effective management and improvement of our Chorus Manage Project Process set including tailoring
- Perform informal audits on individual projects to ensure compliance to AVS standards and support projects in improving their controls
- Support the baseline authority initiative from UK and ensure adherence in AVS
- Support Root Cause Analysis investigations specifically those associated with CNQ andaudit non-conformances associated with Manage Project
- To ensure process alignment with existing and planned Bid & Project Management business tools.
- Champion knowledge share within the CBU supporting the lessons learnt process and ensuring the adoption of best practice techniques
- Manage the timetable and associated administration of the Critical Project Reviews
- Provide consolidated CBU status reporting (including progress, benefits, risks, dependencies etc.) to the AVS ExCom, GBUs and country Functional team as required to support strategic decision making and as inputs to key review meetings; for example:
- Critical Project Reviews (CPR)
- Process Effectiveness Review (PER)
- Operations Meeting
- Provide BPMO subject matter expertise to the CBU actively supporting projects as required for BPMO related activities
- Supporting the roll-out and use of a competency assessment process in conjunction with UK in the Project community
- Support the UK & AVS graduate and apprenticeship scheme
- To attend Project Management UK Forums and process owner working groups and implement directives
- Support the Head of BPMO with the delivery of the CBU & UK Performance Plans and Roadmaps
- The role will also involve occasional ad-hoc duties that are not listed above but are necessary to respond to the needs of the business. These ad-hoc duties will be consistent with the nature of a Project Governance Manager position within Thales.
- Strong understanding of Bid and Project Management processes and their business benefits
- The ability to interpret the requirements of projects for Bid & Project Management Office service and to effectively identify the correct processes and tools to ensure the effective deliver of the service
- Practical and applicable management skills in order to deliver an effective service through the Bid & Project Management Office team’s capabilities.
- The ability to provide accurate and up to date Bid & Project Management Office-related information to decision-makers in the Operations Management and Project Management Teams.
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities to work across the boundaries with the B&PM job family and across other functions.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise.
- Ability to identify and capitalisation examples of best practice.
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to training others.
- Strong planning and delivery orientation
- Commercial / financial / business acumen
- Passion for developing people
- Contributes to a collaborative working environment
- Experience that demonstrates a knowledge of the full business lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and developing capture plans and winning strategies
- Experience of client and stakeholder management in a complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-site project management context.
- Experience that has provided a practical knowledge of commercial management, best practice supply chain and finance functions.
- Ability to drive solution within the organisation
- An ability to embrace and encourage change
- A positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results