Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 423
- Germany Jobs 117
- Netherlands Jobs 97
- Australia Jobs 64
- Singapore Jobs 41
- United Kingdom Jobs 39
- Italy Jobs 34
- Canada Jobs 29
- Spain Jobs 27
- Belgium Jobs 23
- Romania Jobs 20
- United States Jobs 14
- Poland Jobs 13
- Austria Jobs 13
- Portugal Jobs 12
- Denmark Jobs 11
- Mexico Jobs 10
- Philippines Jobs 7
- Switzerland Jobs 7
- Colombia Jobs 7
- India Jobs 5
- Thailand Jobs 5
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 5
- Brazil Jobs 4
- Czechia Jobs 3
- Norway Jobs 3
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 2
- Egypt Jobs 1
- Finland Jobs 1
- Hungary Jobs 1
- Vietnam Jobs 1
- Japan Jobs 1
- Sweden Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 78
- Communications Jobs 2
- Customer Service Jobs 95
- Finance Jobs 29
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 96
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 57
- Human Resources Jobs 7
- Industry Jobs 80
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 14
- Purchasing Jobs 12
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 12
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 292
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 40
- Systems Engineering Jobs 226
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 1
Practical Hardware Engineer / Installation Manager
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Practical Hardware Engineer / Installation & Trials Manager
Core Benefits: Competitive Salary plus bonus, private healthcare, 201 hours holiday and pension plus other great benefits such as excellent maternity/paternity leave.
What does the job involve?
- Management of the programmes installation and trials work packages and ensuring maintenance of allocated budgets.
- Management of an offsite installation and trials team at shipyards/onboard, and military shore-based facilities.
- Management and generation of installation and trials documentation including installation guidance procedures, installation specifications, setting to work and trials.
- Management of HSE requirements for offsite working to Thales procedures.
- Support to installation authorities during RESM installation activities.
- Management support to equipment cable supplier and ensuring dockside delivery schedule.
- Responsible for the successful completion of Installation Inspections
- Responsible for the successful completion operational acceptance testing – onboard and shore-based.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to manage a highly flexible schedule due to a fluid customer programme.
- Ability to liaise with and manage shipbuilders and equipment suppliers.
- Ability to manage offsite installation and trials teams.
- Ability to understand the RESM system functionality especially systems, hardware, firmware and software.
- Ability to discuss and resolve issues with highly skilled RESM equipment design team.
- Ability to make on the spot decisions and take calculated risks in highly pressurised situations.
- Ability to attend trials including at sea on ships.
- Be familiar with writing and amending risk assessments and method statements.
- Control and manage installation and trials team HSE requirements including safety equipment, PPE, dockyard inductions, training courses etc.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results