Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1122
- Germany Jobs 167
- United Kingdom Jobs 114
- Netherlands Jobs 98
- Australia Jobs 86
- Romania Jobs 55
- Canada Jobs 45
- Belgium Jobs 37
- Italy Jobs 35
- United States Jobs 31
- Poland Jobs 29
- India Jobs 20
- Singapore Jobs 19
- Portugal Jobs 17
- Czechia Jobs 14
- Brazil Jobs 14
- Spain Jobs 13
- Mexico Jobs 13
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Austria Jobs 7
- China Jobs 5
- Norway Jobs 5
- Israel Jobs 4
- Thailand Jobs 4
- Switzerland Jobs 4
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- South Africa Jobs 3
- Japan Jobs 3
- Sweden Jobs 3
- South Korea Jobs 2
- Colombia Jobs 2
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- Egypt Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Philippines Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Denmark Jobs 1
- Chile Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 78
- Communications Jobs 4
- Customer Service Jobs 124
- Finance Jobs 24
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 211
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 35
- Human Resources Jobs 21
- Industry Jobs 155
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 17
- Purchasing Jobs 22
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 19
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 777
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 95
- Systems Engineering Jobs 406
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 4
Practical Hardware Engineer / Installation Manager
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Due to the continued growth of our ISR business and current and future workloads we are recruiting for a Practical Hardware Engineer / Installation Manager to work closely with our external customers to install our cutting edge EW product lines in to platforms. We are looking for an experienced engineer/manager to manage the platform installation and trials work packages for a Fixed Land and Naval platforms.
- Management of the programmes installation and trials work packages and ensuring maintenance of allocated budgets.
- Management of an offsite installation and trials team at shipyards/onboard, and military shore-based facilities.
- Management and generation of installation and trials documentation including installation guidance procedures, installation specifications, setting to work and trials.
- Management of HSE requirements for offsite working to Thales procedures.
- Support to installation authorities during RESM installation activities.
- Management support to equipment cable supplier and ensuring dockside delivery schedule.
- Responsible for the successful completion of Installation Inspections
- Responsible for the successful completion operational acceptance testing – onboard and shore-based.
- Carry out and chair Ready for Installation Reviews.
- Support the Platform and System Integrator through system interface testing.
- Ability to manage a highly flexible schedule due to a fluid customer programme.
- Ability to liaise with and manage shipbuilders and equipment suppliers.
- Ability to manage offsite installation and trials teams.
- Ability to understand the RESM system functionality especially systems, hardware, firmware and software.
- Ability to discuss and resolve issues with highly skilled RESM equipment design team.
- Ability to make on the spot decisions and take calculated risks in highly pressurised situations.
- Ability to attend trials including at sea on ships.
- Be familiar with writing and amending risk assessments and method statements.
- Control and manage installation and trials team HSE requirements including safety equipment, PPE, dockyard inductions, training courses etc.
- Digital electronic design
- Implementation of complex designs
- Knowledge of Processing Units
- Electro-mechanical design including Power switching & control, Cabling and enclosure wiring
- Understanding of the fundamentals of High speed digital design
- A working knowledge
- Knowledge of PCB design constraints
- CAD tools:
- Cadence Design Entry HDL for schematic capture
- Generation of electrical/wiring schemes and ability to work with power distribution (electrical safety testing/earth bonding etc)
- Termination of Fibres
- Technical Management of Subcontractors
Experience Required Desirable
- A relevant degree or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline (Electronic Engineering, Electrical and Electronic, or Communications), supported by 5+ years of relevant experience.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results