Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2527
- United Kingdom Jobs 192
- Netherlands Jobs 138
- United States Jobs 117
- Germany Jobs 109
- Australia Jobs 101
- Canada Jobs 58
- Belgium Jobs 41
- Singapore Jobs 33
- Romania Jobs 26
- Italy Jobs 26
- India Jobs 16
- Poland Jobs 15
- Portugal Jobs 15
- Austria Jobs 12
- Denmark Jobs 10
- Spain Jobs 7
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 6
- Switzerland Jobs 6
- Brazil Jobs 5
- Qatar Jobs 2
- China Jobs 2
- Oman Jobs 1
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 232
- Communications Jobs 12
- Customer Service Jobs 371
- Finance Jobs 57
- General Management Jobs 8
- Hardware Jobs 283
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 163
- Human Resources Jobs 44
- Industry Jobs 339
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 26
- nCphr Jobs 12
- Purchasing Jobs 68
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 43
- Software – IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 1000
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 108
- Systems Engineering Jobs 712
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 3
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people provide armed forces customers with operational advantage at every decisive moment throughout the mission. Defence and armed forces customers rely on us to deliver the full range of defence mission systems solutions at land, sea, and air. Our platforms extend across the battlespace including Above and Sonar, Electronic Combat, and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance systems.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
About the role:
Thales UK have an exciting opportunity for an motivated and talented Hardware Architect to work within Defence Mission Systems (DMS), specifically our Maritime Mission Systems (MMS) business unit; a team dedicated to working on some of the next generation, cutting edge sonar technologies for surface ships and submarines.
Over recent years, MMS has successfully positioned itself in growth markets and has doubled in size over the past ten years; to continue to deliver and continue growth, the MMS business is introducing a new operating capability and team in our Crawley office, working in partnership with our current MMS teams in Manchester and Templecombe.
This is a new and exciting venture for our business, offering excellent opportunity for new challenges, prospects and opportunities for development.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
Working as part of an integral and dynamic team, as a Hardware Architect you will work closely with other discipline teams in the production and completion of architecture tasks, working on a variety of projects within the group. The primarily purposes of this role include:
- To carry out general engineering tasks as required by the business.
- With the support of other members of the team, carry out more specialised architecting tasks associated with design for the subsea environment.
- Actively make steps to learn from other members of the Thales family.
- Share their knowledge and experience with other members of the team.
The role may include, but not be limited to the following activities:
- Specify, Capture and Manage the requirement set.
- Define the project Test & Integration Strategy.
- Agreeing the Integration, Verification and Validation Method and IVV Synopsis.
- Supporting the Thales team working on the projects throughout the lifecycle.
- Work collaboratively with production and procurement to produce cost effective, easy to manufacture design solutions.
- Provide support to the preparation of detailed estimates and bids.
- Provide support to production as required.
- Trials and integration support as required.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required:
Thales is committing to hiring individuals with a “can do” and positive attitude with a willingness to learn and improve on skills and knowledge. Here are some of key attributes, experience and skills we are looking for in our next Hardware Architect:
- HND or above in Engineering related discipline. Chartered Engineer or working towards would be desirable
- Hardware Architecture knowledge with experience leading engineering activity through a design life cycle. Experience in the naval/ship/submarine domain would be advantageous but not essential; experience in a complex engineering environment will be considered as transferable.
- Sound understanding and knowledge of engineering development life cycle
- Able to work efficiently and autonomously
- A logical approach to problem solving
- Good interpersonal skills – both verbal and written
- Agile and innovative
Core Benefits: Competitive Salary plus bonus, private healthcare, 27 days holiday and pension plus other great benefits such as excellent maternity/ paternity leave
Great journeys start here - to play a key role in driving the success of a worldwide organisation click the apply button now!
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results