Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1124
- Germany Jobs 174
- United Kingdom Jobs 106
- Netherlands Jobs 99
- Australia Jobs 82
- Romania Jobs 45
- Canada Jobs 39
- Belgium Jobs 32
- Italy Jobs 32
- Poland Jobs 30
- United States Jobs 26
- India Jobs 24
- Singapore Jobs 16
- Portugal Jobs 16
- Mexico Jobs 15
- Czechia Jobs 13
- Spain Jobs 10
- Austria Jobs 9
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Norway Jobs 5
- Brazil Jobs 5
- Israel Jobs 4
- Switzerland Jobs 4
- South Africa Jobs 3
- Japan Jobs 3
- Sweden Jobs 3
- Thailand Jobs 2
- China Jobs 2
- South Korea Jobs 2
- Denmark Jobs 2
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Philippines Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Colombia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 86
- Communications Jobs 2
- Customer Service Jobs 114
- Finance Jobs 18
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 227
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 39
- Human Resources Jobs 15
- Industry Jobs 149
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 16
- Purchasing Jobs 22
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 15
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 758
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 78
- Systems Engineering Jobs 400
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 5
Digital Electronics Engineer
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect solutions that enable two-thirds of planes to take off and land safely. We create in-flight entertainment systems that engross 50 million fliers every year and we develop the avionics that control the world’s largest commercial aircrafts. Our simulators train the next generation of pilots for fighter jets, transporters and search and rescue helicopters. And, together, each and every member of our aerospace team makes a difference.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Primary Purpose of the role
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, to apply Digital Electronics design expertise, prove and maintain high quality digital solutions in electronic engineering in accordance with company requirements and processes to meet project operational requirements.
- The role will require good communication skills, to build a solid network within the wider Thales community thus enabling to deliver electronic designs with a high level of quality, manufacturability and performance robustness in a timely manner.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- To undertake and occasionally lead the Electronics product development within an Avionics environment taking into account compliance with technical requirements and airworthiness regulations.
- Deliver solutions compliant to Customer, business and derived requirements.
- Designing Avionics taking into account DF “X” (ie Design for all the ‘ilities; manufacturability, reliability, testability, etc).
- This role will involve working closely within project teams to develop bespoke hardware solutions. They will offer experience over a number of different domains, encompassing everything from product development through to larger scale platform integrations.
- To support / participate in the definition of the architecture, and the allocation of functions, to the components for which they have primary responsibility.
- Support the preparation of Technical Statements of Work for equipment suppliers, and management of equipment subcontractors
- To support in the identification, mitigation and closure of dependencies, Risks & Opportunities
- To participate in the specification of the functions and interfaces of products to be developed
- To participate in the definition of the architecture, and the allocation of functions, to the components for which they have primary responsibility.
- This role will involve working closely within project teams to develop bespoke hardware solutions. They will offer experience over a number of different domains, encompassing everything from product development through to larger scale platform integrations..
- Support the preparation of Hardware IVVQ Plans, development of Test Means and Test Schedules, and execution of subsequent tests providing evidence for functional and non-functional requirement acceptance across all planned test points.
- Contribute to the execution of the System Qualification & Certification
- Contributes Hardware Engineering expertise and process knowledge to enhance company objectives and processes, effectively communicating and gathering support for them. Contributes to Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates and supports proposals, customer presentations, and new product design.
- This role will support the hardware design and development activities across a range of projects in the fields of Flight Avionics (FLX).
Essential and Desirable Skills/Experience
- Avionics digital design and avionic interfaces
- Digital Electronic
- Development of electronic product in a formal environment.
- Experience of flight avionics development.
- Experience in development of systems/ products in accordance with ARP4754A, ARP4761 and supporting RTCA DO-254 hardware development
- Sufficient mechanical and materials knowledge to ensure an airworthy & compliant electronic product.
- Knowledge of Engineering Process and lifecycles.
- Knowledge of Lean Engineering
- Appreciation of the fundamentals of: analogue, RF, electro-mechanical and mechanical engineering
- PC Literate: Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- High speed digital design
- Knowledge of Civil / Military Aviation Communications Systems, Technology, Protocols and Networks
- Design for manufacture / test / support
- Signal Integrity Analysis
- Microprocessors, programmable devices, DSP, FPGA, memory
- VHDL and firmware coding standards
- PCB design constraints
- Fundamentals of PSU
- Cadence DE HDL for schematic capture
- Mentor HDL Designer for VHDL entry
- Altera Quatus II
- Xilinx Vivado
- Applicants must be eligible for UK Security Clearance
- Decision making authority and other relevant information
- Authority as laid out in the Company policy and procedures
- Conformance required with appropriate quality standards and procedures.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results