Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 513
- Germany Jobs 95
- Netherlands Jobs 93
- Australia Jobs 65
- Singapore Jobs 40
- United Kingdom Jobs 35
- Canada Jobs 35
- Italy Jobs 34
- Spain Jobs 24
- Belgium Jobs 24
- Romania Jobs 20
- United States Jobs 16
- Austria Jobs 13
- Poland Jobs 12
- Mexico Jobs 11
- Portugal Jobs 10
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Colombia Jobs 7
- Switzerland Jobs 6
- Thailand Jobs 5
- Philippines Jobs 5
- China Jobs 5
- Norway Jobs 3
- Brazil Jobs 3
- India Jobs 2
- Japan Jobs 2
- Denmark Jobs 2
- Egypt Jobs 1
- Finland Jobs 1
- Vietnam Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Sweden Jobs 1
- Czechia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 72
- Communications Jobs 3
- Customer Service Jobs 89
- Finance Jobs 35
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 100
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 50
- Human Resources Jobs 10
- Industry Jobs 107
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 12
- Purchasing Jobs 13
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 14
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 304
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 49
- Systems Engineering Jobs 235
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 1
Full time, Regular Employment
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Together we offer fantastic opportunities for committed employees to learn and develop their career with us. At Thales UK, we research, develop, and supply technology and services that impact the lives of millions of people each day to make life better, and keep us safer. We innovate across five major industries; Aerospace, Defence, Ground Transportation, Security and Space. Your health and well-being matters to us and that’s why we offer you the flexibility to do what’s important to you; whether that’s part time hours, job sharing, home working, or the ability to flex your start and finish times. Where possible, we support a working pattern that suits your lifestyle and helps you reach your ambitions.
Power BI Developer
The Business Intelligence Developer is part of a small visualisation team focusing on delivering strong dashboards, KPI’s, metrics and analytics primarily using Microsoft Power BI. The developer will build data visualisations based on requirements captured by the data Analysts and produce data products for consumption by the UK businesses and functions.
This role requires a hands-on person who will drive the creation of data visualisations from requirement through to finished production product. Able to work with different levels of the UK organisation and understand verbal requirements to take through development iterations into a finished output.
Core Benefits: Competitive Salary plus bonus, private healthcare, 201 hours holiday and pension plus other great benefits such as excellent maternity/paternity leave.
What does the job involve?
To support and evolve the Business Intelligence capability throughout Thales UK utilising Power BI.
- The role reports to the Head of data management. As a member of the Business Analyst team you will deliver and support application reporting services that are “best in class” to support the needs of the various businesses and functions.
- To use industry standard Business Intelligence development techniques to be able to capture requirements and develop reporting and analytics solutions to business issues.
- Manage business stakeholders to ensure and promote collaboration between UKIS and the Thales UK businesses.
- Build, implement and support data visualisation using Microsoft Power BI.The right candidate will have experience of full BI lifecycle project work. From requirements capture through logical and physical design and onto implementation, testing and deployment.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative to create exciting solutions.
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Firm grasp of the Microsoft BI technologies and implementation methodologies and have in-depth experience of Microsoft PowerBI.
What are we looking for?
- Strong background of dashboard and reports requirements capture, design and development.
- Able to translate business requirements into documented designs and solutions.
- Broad experience of a number of reporting tools- Power BI and Cognos Analytics
- Broad experience of data modelling and report design and development
- Established Business Analysis skills to identify business reporting need and determine solutions
- Ability to be able to deliver training material, process briefings, requirements capture, etc. to small and large audiences.
- Proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Scientist
- Recognise the importance that data and data integrity play in managing a business and the tools that support the process.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results