Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2654
- United Kingdom Jobs 181
- Germany Jobs 148
- Netherlands Jobs 146
- United States Jobs 108
- Australia Jobs 82
- Canada Jobs 62
- Belgium Jobs 41
- Romania Jobs 33
- Singapore Jobs 23
- India Jobs 21
- Italy Jobs 19
- Portugal Jobs 13
- Austria Jobs 11
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 10
- Denmark Jobs 10
- Spain Jobs 8
- Brazil Jobs 7
- Poland Jobs 5
- Switzerland Jobs 3
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 2
- Egypt Jobs 2
- China Jobs 2
- Qatar Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 227
- Communications Jobs 22
- Customer Service Jobs 353
- Finance Jobs 59
- General Management Jobs 8
- Hardware Jobs 345
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 235
- Human Resources Jobs 49
- Industry Jobs 343
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 24
- Purchasing Jobs 68
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 47
- Software – IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 1039
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 87
- Systems Engineering Jobs 686
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 26
CAD Design Engineer
Full time, Regular Employment
CAD Design Engineer
The technology and systems expertise offered by Thales’s Transportation team powers safe, reliable and efficient services to rail networks the world over. In the UK, we deliver advanced signalling, supervision and control, integrated communications, security and information systems for urban rail, mainline rail and road networks. And as we continue to grow our business, we need more talent to join us in making Britain better connected.
Primary Purpose of the Role:
You will be part of a virtual team (s), be responsible for the production of designs, design estimates, design programs and design work packages for bids, services and projects to contract requirements, standards, budget, and on-time delivery.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Production of designs for projects and bids under the direction of a Project Manager (PM) or Design Authority (DA), ensuring that the design conforms to client requirements including quoted standards and specifications. The compliance to relevant statutory documentation is mandatory.
- Production of estimates for design solutions ensuring that compliant solutions at optimum cost are identified.
- Produce design resource and budget data for use by the PM,
- Produce quality metrics to measure the soundness of the design processes under your control or working to.
- Working with project planners to provide detailed input to specific project programs.
- Production and checking of design work package documentation for projects.
- Assist the PM to undertake the role of Designer as identified in the CDM regulations, with particular attention to design risks. Ensure that safety risks are designed out or deemed “as low as reasonably practicable.”
- Take part in Design Reviews, with particular attention to the reduction of design risks.
- Undertake Cost Reviews as part of a Bid team.
- When deemed competent to do so, undertake equipment/system testing as required and within the limits of your agreed competency.
- 2D CAD drawing using AutoCad 2016 Lite (or earlier versions), capable of working unsupervised
- Parametric 3D CAD modelling using PTC Creo 3.0 (or earlier versions including PTC Pro/Engineer), capable of working unsupervised
- Mechanical Engineering qualification to HNC level or higher.
- Practical experience in sheet metalwork and machining
- Configuration Management experience
- General IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat (Pro)
- ERP experience, specifically in SAP (highly desirable), related to Materials and Bills of Material
- Working knowledge of relevant British, European and International standards
This is a fantastic opportunity with a global, innovative company. Join us.
Together We believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss with your Resourcing Business partner.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 68,000 employees in 50 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!.
< Go Back to results