Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2639
- United Kingdom Jobs 187
- Germany Jobs 182
- United States Jobs 162
- Netherlands Jobs 140
- Canada Jobs 138
- Australia Jobs 130
- Italy Jobs 98
- India Jobs 69
- Belgium Jobs 52
- Singapore Jobs 51
- Romania Jobs 35
- Poland Jobs 33
- Portugal Jobs 26
- Spain Jobs 26
- Mexico Jobs 22
- Czechia Jobs 20
- Austria Jobs 18
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 16
- Brazil Jobs 13
- Denmark Jobs 11
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 10
- Japan Jobs 10
- Philippines Jobs 9
- Morocco Jobs 7
- Switzerland Jobs 7
- Colombia Jobs 7
- Sweden Jobs 6
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 5
- Egypt Jobs 5
- Thailand Jobs 5
- China Jobs 5
- New Zealand Jobs 4
- Israel Jobs 3
- Luxembourg Jobs 3
- Indonesia Jobs 2
- Taiwan Jobs 2
- Norway Jobs 2
- Oman Jobs 1
- Belarus Jobs 1
- Finland Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
- Nigeria Jobs 1
- Argentina Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 261
- Communications Jobs 10
- Customer Service Jobs 318
- Finance Jobs 80
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 392
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 89
- Human Resources Jobs 38
- Industry Jobs 336
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 44
- PROCUREMENT Jobs 79
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 69
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 1526
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 170
- Systems Engineering Jobs 753
Senior Design Authority – Anti Submarine Warfare
Regular Employment, Full time
Thales UK is a leading provider of a broad range of enabling technologies and capabilities to the UK Royal Navy (RN) and foreign Navies, including critical sonar systems, infrastructure and command system capabilities. Our Maritime Mission Systems (MMS UK) business continues to improve and evolve these systems to counter the ever-increasing threat faced by the UK Navy especially in the Underwater Battle space.
Against this background Thales MMS (UK) is recruiting a Senior Design Authority Anti-Submarine Warfare (SDA ASW). In this critical senior appointment you will be reporting directly to key members of the MMS leadership team, with a directive of providing technical assurance of current programs within the ASW Sector and the necessary technical leadership and direction of future underwater sensing capabilities. The role is responsible for the delivery of safe and legally compliant solutions that meet or exceed customer performance requirements, whilst providing full oversight and assurance for the output and deliveries of all activities delivered by the ASW sector within MMS (UK).
Key Areas of Responsibility:
This is a highly visible and influential role, with a broad range of responsibilities to include, but not limited to the following:
- Technical leadership of major ASW programs, providing leadership and guidance in the technical domain as well as being accountable to the MMS(UK) Main Board for the safety, quality and performance of the major systems.
- Represent Thales in customer programme engagements.
- Engagement of customer stakeholders to ensure Thales technical development plans and strategies are aligned to the latest programme needs and direction.
- Maintain an understanding of the short, mid and long term technological trends, developments and threats faced by the RN.
- To contribute to the Thales UWS Technical Strategy for current and future programmes.
- Collaboration with the MMS Technical Director, Director ASW, Product Line Managers and Product Line Architects to ensure that the product roadmaps are maintained and updated to reflect future customer needs and current technology developments.
- Alignment with the MMS Technical Director to ensure technical development needs are matched to planned development investments (PV).
- Proactively develop the technical knowledge, experience and capabilities of other members of Thales MMS(UK) staff through formal and informal mentoring and coaching activities.
What are we looking for in you?
To be successful in this role we would expect you to be able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- High level UK security clearance – requirement is to be able to conduct leadership and governance of projects where Sole UK nationality is mandated.
- Deep subject matter expert in sonar systems, sonar performance, sonar system design, sonar array design, sonar signal processing, acoustic sensors and platform integration on-board surface ships and submarines.
- A deep understanding of underwater sensor performance modelling and the ability to technically assure the output of the teams undertaking such work.
- An understanding of systems, hardware, software and operability of complex, large data bandwidth multi-sensor systems.
- Significant and major background of the RN’s Major Sonar Systems and their operational context.
- Proven ability to assume the lead technical responsibility for major developments.
- Proven track record of delivering major systems on time and within budget.
- Significant knowledge of the RN’s key short and long-term drivers.
- Links into and across the UK Underwater Battle Space industrial base would be major advantage.
- Knowledge of the Underwater Battlespace Threat and threat trends
This is generational opportunity to be at the forefront of technical leadership for our Maritime Mission Systems business and for ensuring that our considerable portfolio of sonar capabilities continues to support the ever increasing scale and complexity required by the Royal Navy and its Allies.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results