Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 2639
- United Kingdom Jobs 187
- Germany Jobs 182
- United States Jobs 162
- Netherlands Jobs 140
- Canada Jobs 138
- Australia Jobs 130
- Italy Jobs 98
- India Jobs 69
- Belgium Jobs 52
- Singapore Jobs 51
- Romania Jobs 35
- Poland Jobs 33
- Portugal Jobs 26
- Spain Jobs 26
- Mexico Jobs 22
- Czechia Jobs 20
- Austria Jobs 18
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 16
- Brazil Jobs 13
- Denmark Jobs 11
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 10
- Japan Jobs 10
- Philippines Jobs 9
- Morocco Jobs 7
- Switzerland Jobs 7
- Colombia Jobs 7
- Sweden Jobs 6
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 5
- Egypt Jobs 5
- Thailand Jobs 5
- China Jobs 5
- New Zealand Jobs 4
- Israel Jobs 3
- Luxembourg Jobs 3
- Indonesia Jobs 2
- Taiwan Jobs 2
- Norway Jobs 2
- Oman Jobs 1
- Belarus Jobs 1
- Finland Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
- Nigeria Jobs 1
- Argentina Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 261
- Communications Jobs 10
- Customer Service Jobs 318
- Finance Jobs 80
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 392
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 89
- Human Resources Jobs 38
- Industry Jobs 336
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 44
- PROCUREMENT Jobs 79
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 69
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 1526
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 170
- Systems Engineering Jobs 753
Passive Sonar Algorithm Developer
Regular Employment, Full time
Passive Algorithm Developer
Cheadle, Templecombe, Reading or Crawley
What does the job involve?
An opportunity to join an agile and dynamic team at the forefront of UK maritime data exploitation and processing. The General Sonar Studies team delivers low TRL and study activities to external and internal customers. General Sonar Studies are central to the development and procurement of concepts, capabilities and solutions to anticipate and address the most challenging customer requirements. Collaboration inside and outside the company is central to the approach employed.
- This is role is targeted at an individual with one or more industry roles completed (~5+ years post academia) ready to take the next step to build their career.STEM returners looking to restart their careers, individuals looking to move sectors and personnel with significant, relevant post doc experience in academia are also highly desirable.We will work with you to accelerate your career and release your potential.
- The role requires a flexible and proactive approach founded on academic excellence, problem solving, self-discipline, a willingness to learn, leadership, management, teamwork and the ability to create and communicate a vision.
- The role will develop into leading, enabling and contributing to innovation activities in the Maritime Mission Systems business area. Working with a team of highly capable specialists the candidate will lead the delivery of better customer decisions across the mission cycle through revolutionary data exploitation and processing techniques.
- The role will technically lead and support the development of compelling, collaborative solutions and associated bid documents for Customer Funded R&D Programmes.
- The role will technically lead and support the delivery of tasks, work packages and projects with a focus on delivery to time, budget and quality.
- The role will technically lead and support the production of reports, presentations and scientific papers to demonstrate and promote new innovation internally and externally.
- The role will undertake a wide variety of tasks, including the development of sonar processing algorithms, development of AI solutions, development of data fusion and tracking algorithms, research studies, performance prediction and trials analysis.
- The role will raise the profile and quality of advanced sonar research undertaken within MMS (Maritime Mission Systems).
What are we looking for?
- Applicants must be sole UK Nationals with the ability and willingness to achieve high level UK Government Clearances.
- Ideally qualified to PhD in Mathematical or relevant scientific, engineering or computing with relevant skills and experience - Min requirement MSc or MMath.
- Strong background of innovation in one or more of the following areas:
- Statistical and stochastic processes and linear algebra.
- Large Array Processing
- Towed Array Processing
- High Frequency Array Processing (including Intercept Systems)
- Adaptive Beamforming
- Artificial Intelligence applied to Sensor Processing
- Big Data Processing and Data Analytics
- Bulk Data Processing Techniques
- Oceanography and Performance Modelling
- Trials Data Analysis
- Data Visualisation
- Decision Aids
- Post Event Analysis Techniques
- Evidence of previous experience deploying problem solving capability and the ability to pro-actively work alone or as part of a small team is essential.
- Matlab or equivalent knowledge is essential.
- Experience in MS Word and PowerPoint essential.
- Experience of auto-coding from Matlab to C is desirable but not essential.
- Evidence of technical report writing, presentation preparation and generation and presentation/communication skills for papers, seminars, conferences etc is highly desirable.
- In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
Core Benefits: Competitive Salary plus bonus, private healthcare, 201 hours holiday and pension plus other great benefits such as excellent maternity/paternity leave.
In line with Thales' Baseline Security requirements, candidates will be asked to provide evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK and employment and/or education history for up to three years. Some vacancies may require full Security Clearance which can require further evidence to be provided. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results