Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1129
- Germany Jobs 152
- Netherlands Jobs 116
- United Kingdom Jobs 97
- Australia Jobs 84
- Canada Jobs 51
- Italy Jobs 37
- United States Jobs 33
- Romania Jobs 31
- Belgium Jobs 30
- Poland Jobs 29
- India Jobs 23
- Portugal Jobs 14
- Singapore Jobs 13
- Austria Jobs 12
- Switzerland Jobs 11
- Brazil Jobs 11
- Mexico Jobs 10
- Spain Jobs 9
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Czechia Jobs 8
- Sweden Jobs 4
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- China Jobs 3
- Egypt Jobs 2
- Thailand Jobs 2
- Philippines Jobs 2
- New Zealand Jobs 2
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- Israel Jobs 1
- South Africa Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- South Korea Jobs 1
- Japan Jobs 1
- Russia Jobs 1
- Morocco Jobs 1
- Denmark Jobs 1
- Colombia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 90
- Communications Jobs 3
- Customer Service Jobs 129
- Finance Jobs 11
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 241
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 62
- Human Resources Jobs 11
- Industry Jobs 176
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 19
- Purchasing Jobs 13
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 18
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 699
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 74
- Systems Engineering Jobs 389
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 3
Senior Maintenance Engineer
Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
Thales has built a presence in Egypt for over 40 years and has today over 100 employees. Thales in Egypt is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE.Together We delivered fare collection and control and communication systems for the first metro line in Africa, Metro Line 1 in Cairo. Since then we have continued to bring growth and security and safety to the country by upgrading these transportation systems as well as providing solutions for customers in air traffic management, air defence and Navy.
Senior Maintenance Engineer is responsible for ensuring that equipment and machinery are kept in good working order. This may involve the testing and repair equipment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To perform routine maintenance, trouble-shooting, overhaul & repair activities.
- Maintenance of fault logs and reporting of system performance.
- Supervise scheduled and unscheduled maintenance including all routine inspections and service overhauls.
- Update of maintenance manuals, processes & operational procedures.
- To coordinate with the System Engineers for engineering support.
- Support in Testing & Commissioning as necessary
- Assist maintenance technicians on projects that require higher-level engineering analysis.
- Analyzing the efficiency of current procedures and suggesting improvements to better this.
- Devising effective maintenance methods and strategies.
- Identifying and investigating faults.
- Upgrading and modifying systems.
- Monitoring the performance of equipment and systems.
- Fitting and calibrating new parts and systems.
- Ensuring all systems comply with the latest health and safety legislation.
- Prepare and standardize internal technical procedures, report templates, document management, equipment naming etc.
Experience, Qualification & Educational Requirements
- 10 years’ experience in Telecom Field systems, preferably in metro , railway or similar environments
- B.S. Degree in communication Engineering
- Experience with preventive maintenance programs.
- Knowledge and experience in project and facilities management.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes. Experience with controls and control systems.
- Able to read and understand electronic schematics.
- A high level of competence with personal computers and proficiency with common software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint is required.
- Able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially able to interface and communicate with operators and technicians in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results