Jobs By Location
- France Jobs 1127
- Germany Jobs 167
- United Kingdom Jobs 110
- Netherlands Jobs 97
- Australia Jobs 86
- Romania Jobs 48
- Canada Jobs 40
- Belgium Jobs 34
- Italy Jobs 34
- Poland Jobs 30
- United States Jobs 29
- India Jobs 22
- Singapore Jobs 19
- Portugal Jobs 17
- Brazil Jobs 15
- Mexico Jobs 15
- Czechia Jobs 13
- Spain Jobs 11
- Hong Kong SAR Jobs 8
- Austria Jobs 7
- China Jobs 5
- Norway Jobs 5
- Israel Jobs 4
- Switzerland Jobs 4
- United Arab Emirates Jobs 3
- South Africa Jobs 3
- Thailand Jobs 3
- Sweden Jobs 3
- South Korea Jobs 2
- Japan Jobs 2
- Saudi Arabia Jobs 1
- Egypt Jobs 1
- Taiwan Jobs 1
- Philippines Jobs 1
- New Zealand Jobs 1
- Colombia Jobs 1
Jobs By Category
- Bid & Project Management Jobs 81
- Communications Jobs 3
- Customer Service Jobs 117
- Finance Jobs 21
- General Management Jobs 1
- Hardware Jobs 219
- HSE, Real Estate, Security, Personal Assistance & Medical Welfare Jobs 39
- Human Resources Jobs 20
- Industry Jobs 153
- Legal & Contracts Jobs 17
- Purchasing Jobs 21
- Quality & Customer Satisfaction Jobs 16
- Software - IS/IT & Cybersecurity Jobs 776
- Strategy, Marketing, Sales Jobs 87
- Systems Engineering Jobs 398
- Thales e-Security Worldwide Jobs 4
Senior Bid Manager - Transportation Business
Full time, Regular Employment
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
Primary Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of this job is to apply drive and energy through the use of experience-based bid-management knowledge and skills to ensure the successful delivery of a bid or a number of bids.
It requires the excellent management of the relationships with internal and external key domestic and international customers and the use of highly developed networking and influencing skills to ensure that the Bid Team, Capture Leader and other major stakeholders deliver the right bid solution at the right time and to the right cost and quality for Thales.
·Reports to Head of Bid&Project Management (up to Director level).
·Interfaces with Customers, Thales entities and Suppliers.
·Works directly with Capture Lead on an opportunity specific basis.
·Is the leader of the Bid Team (Capture Leader, Bid Administrator, Work-Package-Manager, Project Design Authority, Solution Engineering Manager, Financial Controller and Project Manager).
·Liaison with senior Bid & Project Management and Business Leadership stakeholders.
·Liaison with internal comms team in preparing general progress information and updates.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Undertake the activities that will ensure the successful delivery of the bid (or bids). This will typically include (but is not limited to) the following:
·Work effectively with Capture Leader to generate win themes that link customer needs with defined benefits of the Thales offering.
·The Senior Bid Manager provides a professional end-to-end bid management for the production of quality proposal documents prepared in response to typically complex, high value, high risk formal RFP/RFQ. She/he takes accountability and ownership for those phases of the opportunity lifecycle process under his responsibility (from opportunity qualification to contract handover to project management) and leads the bid team, coordinating all bid activity supported by applicable processes and procedures.
·Providing supervision to the Bid Team to ensure that key relationships are being effectively managed and that vital customer, industry and business knowledge and networks are being effectively utilised to deliver the winning solution. Provide hands-on assistance to Bid Teams to manage the more complex or intense aspects of the bid management process to ensure the best solution is arrived at – for example;
oPrequalification response submissions to customers.
oBid Kick-Off meetings.
oCreation of the bid deliverables and ensuring review and governance.
oCost estimates / target budgets and reviews.
oGate Business Cases.
oGate Reviews incl. complete and high quality bid pack
oNegotiations and presentations.
The role will also involve occasional ad-hoc duties that are not listed above but are necessary to respond to the needs of the business. These ad-hoc duties will be consistent with the nature of a management position within Thales.
Key performance Indicators against Responsibilities and Tasks (professional only):
- Customer satisfaction
- On-time delivery
- Bid Cost vs. Budget
- Bid win and capture rate
- The ability to adapt personal style of management and communication to achieve the desired results from interactions with team members and stakeholders.
- The ability to drive the right bid solutions to conclusion across complex multi-faceted organisational and stakeholder boundaries.
- An ability to successfully manage change.
- Excellent professional bid management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to deal with customers, partners, suppliers and other parts of the business (stakeholder management skills).
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills with written presentation and report writing skills.
- Strong organisational, managerial and team working skills.
- Analytical skills aligned with the need to carry out detailed investigation of cost variance(s) and publishing of financial information directly into Company financial reports.
- Commercial, financial and business acumen.
- Estimation and cost benchmarking methods
- A positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
- A proven track record of driving successful bids solutions relevant to Thales across complex, multidisciplinary, multi-site organisations.
- Extensive client and stakeholder management.
- Demonstrate the ability to construct of solutions that meet the market’s need both commercially and technically.
- Full business lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and developing capture plans and winning strategies.
- Comprehensive understanding of generic processes and techniques used to schedule bid management activities.
- Comprehensive experience and understanding of the Bid Management process (including Change Control, Risk Management and Information Management).
- Comprehensive experience and knowledge of the bid life cycle.
- Has as a minimum a working knowledge of industry standard approaches to bid management (such as Shipley Capture Bench).
Values & Behaviours:
Your behaviours should be aligned to the Thales Leadership Model competencies:
- Shape solutions out of complexity,
- Be ambitious and accountable,
- Perform through cooperation,
- Influence key stakeholders,
- Engage and develop teams,
- Manage Self,
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- IPMA Level B professional accreditation or equivalent Association for Bid Management (APMP) qualification.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
< Go Back to results